Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm just confused how something that has so many positive remarks about it is just tossed aside. I understand side effects can be terrible but you get that with any drug. Again, sorry, I'm just really confused by this. Wish I had never seen this site

Not all side effects are created equal. Hydroxychloroquine comes with potentially fatal heart risks, and COVID causes stress on the heart. 

The bar has to be very, very high on safety when 99.X% of patients are going to survive. If this was something like cancer, we'd be much more tolerant of safety concerns.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gonna be honest, I don't understand what this conspiracy is.

I could absolutely see a conspiracy theory popping up if Hydroxychloroquine was approved. The President is a stakeholder in Sanofi, who owns the rights, and also has authority over the FDA. Motive and opportunity. Doesn't mean it's true and obviously it's not since the drug got canned, but in an alternate universe I could see people speculating about it.

The other version of this makes no sense. Somehow there would exist clear, clinical data that the FDA would have that shows this thing is safe and effective, but for political reasons it's being shelved. So that means every single employee working on the COVID response in the FDA hates the President enough to keep this secret from the American public? And meanwhile Sanofi, who will have access to all of that trial data, somehow has a multi-billion dollar winning drug resting on the shelf for no good reason and, forget calling the President directly, isn't even going to start trying to publicize that it works? How many pharma CEO statements have we posted here in the past two weeks?

I don't get this one.

I don’t get why antivaxxers and flat earthers exist but yet here we are. People are weird some times.

Edited by Xenos

On 5 June, researchers in the United Kingdom announced the results from the largest trial yet, Recovery, in a press release. In a group of 1542 hospitalized patients treated with hydroxychloroquine, 25.7% had died after 28 days, compared with 23.5% in a group of 3132 patients who had only received standard care. “These data convincingly rule out any meaningful mortality benefit,” wrote the investigators, who ended the study early and promised to publish the full results as soon as possible.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/three-big-studies-dim-hopes-hydroxychloroquine-can-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

They've found over and over and over that this drug really doesn't work, yet we still continue to waste time running tests on it when we could be focusing our attention elsewhere. Its the definition of insanity.

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s really not. You’re implying doctors KNOW this treatment works and are refusing to use it for political reasons. It’s insane, honestly.

Yes it is. I simply posted Risch's findings and mentioned many other countries using it. You're making a jump in logic that that's me saying 1) doctors know it works 2) are withholding it from their patients 3) are doing so for political purposes. Idk what else to say besides you're wrong.

Edited by dtait93

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not all side effects are created equal. Hydroxychloroquine comes with potentially fatal heart risks, and COVID causes stress on the heart. 

The bar has to be very, very high on safety when 99.X% of patients are going to survive. If this was something like cancer, we'd be much more tolerant of safety concerns.

Thanks for the last paragraph.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Yes it is. I simply posted Risch's findings and mentioned many other countries using it. You're making a jump in logic that that's me saying 1) doctors know it works 2) are withholding it from their patients 3) are doing so for political purposes. Idk what else to say besides you're wrong.

Two questions

Do you think it works?

If you think it works, why aren't US doctors using it?

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gonna be honest, I don't understand what this conspiracy is.

There are people that truly believe the Earth is flat.

I can keep going, but I'm figuring that if we can have people believe that that the Earth is flat, a conspiracy theory over a medication isn't that far fetched.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

OK this is what makes the most sense to me as to why and isn't something I had considered. When you think about literally almost everyone surviving, you do have to be extra cautious w/ what you use for treatment purposed to not lessen those chances. I'd be curious of how many of those people have heart issues as a result of the drug b/c if you looked at the site, there are plenty of peer reviewed, positive studies done w/ this drug in early stages. What are your thoughts on all those studies (not each individual but the overwhelming amount of positive influence the drug has as a whole)?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ha I don't mean the type of heart side effects aren't taken seriously, I just mean it might not be the instant dealbreaker that it is in this case.

I’m talking about the part detailing  why there needs to be extra precautions for Covid versus something like cancer lol.

5 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

There are people that truly believe the Earth is flat.

I can keep going, but I'm figuring that if we can have people believe that that the Earth is flat, a conspiracy theory over a medication isn't that far fetched.

It’s obviously a ploy by Big Pharma, which somehow involves 5G and Bill Gates for whatever reason.