Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Super annoyed...my son's ABA therapist had one other client, and apparently that client has tested positive for COVID. Which means that she is likely positive for COVID, which means that myself, my gf, and my three year old autistic son likely have it. And I'm considered high risk due to respiratory issues.

That's super annoying given the fact that I have basically quarantined this entire damn time (I Haven't been out to do anything other than grocery shop since probably January), always wore a mask, etc. 

Sorry to hear that man.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Super annoyed...my son's ABA therapist had one other client, and apparently that client has tested positive for COVID. Which means that she is likely positive for COVID, which means that myself, my gf, and my three year old autistic son likely have it. And I'm considered high risk due to respiratory issues.

Yipes, sorry to hear about that. That's my biggest fear...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yipes, sorry to hear about that. That's my biggest fear...

I'm slowly getting more and more information from the therapist, the ABA company and my gf and it is making me feel a little bit better. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm slowly getting more and more information from the therapist, the ABA company and my gf and it is making me feel a little bit better. 

I know my son's ABA has strict protocols behind who and how they conduct sessions, and my son's RBT is only assigned to my son, but I know it doesn't take much...

Hoping for the best for you and your family, brother. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

Had to make a trip to the mall to get my phone replaced, the mall was fairly packed which surprised me. They put down directional markers which for the most part people were following, kind of helped to avoid large masses of crowds. 

Eventually made my way to the apple store, 5 security guards outside, took my temp at check in and had me answer a questionnaire, made me take off my RZ mask for a cheap ill fitting blue mask (Don’t understand that), was assigned a “station” for my visit, had large air circulators going (not sure if this is a good idea or bad), everything was constantly being wiped down. 

All in I’d say the process was slightly overkill but I get it and if that’s what they gotta do so be it. I don’t understand me taking my mask off for a crappier mask despite others being allowed in with bandana and cloth masks, but whatever, much easier to wear a crappy mask compared to what I normally use. I don’t understand the security guard aspect but I have a feeling that was actually related to other things going on as none were involved in the actually covid checkin procedures. 

I think people must have felt relatively safe. 

My friend works at an Apple store. They get death threats and unruly customers sometimes because of the masks and Covid requirements. Probably why there are security guards at his place as well.

Edited by Xenos

37 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I know my son's ABA has strict protocols behind who and how they conduct sessions, and my son's RBT is only assigned to my son, but I know it doesn't take much...

Hoping for the best for you and your family, brother. 😀

Your son is on the spectrum? I didn’t know that

• Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

My friend works at an Apple store. They get death threats and unruly customers sometimes because of the masks and Covid requirements. Probably why there are security guards at his place as well.

Virtually every major retailer I've heard has rescinded the mask mandate.  It is virtually unenforceable. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Virtually every major retailer I've heard has rescinded the mask mandate.  It is virtually unenforceable. 

Who rescinded it? I live deep in anti-mask country and the Wal Mart and Shaws here are doing it and haven't had any issues. They have a guy at the door, if you don't have a mask he gives you one and makes you put it on.

• Like 1

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Who rescinded it? I live deep in anti-mask country and the Wal Mart and Shaws here are doing it and haven't had any issues. They have a guy at the door, if you don't have a mask he gives you one and makes you put it on.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/business/masks-walmart-home-depot-lowes-cvs/index.html

Rescind may have been the wrong word, but they aren't enforcing it, and that's pretty much going to be company policy everywhere.  Just like the Home Depot won't let employees interfere with or try to stop shoplifters, they aren't going to prevent someone from going into the stores and making purchases if they're not wearing a mask. 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yup - diagnosed at 3, been in ABA since he was 5. He's nonverbal, but high functioning otherwise. 

Purely curious, since I’ve never really known anyone with it: does that mean he seldom talks or never talks? I imagine that’s all really difficult to deal with but the fact that he’s high functioning is a positive 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/business/masks-walmart-home-depot-lowes-cvs/index.html

Rescind may have been the wrong word, but they aren't enforcing it, and that's pretty much going to be company policy everywhere.  Just like the Home Depot won't let employees interfere with or try to stop shoplifters, they aren't going to prevent someone from going into the stores and making purchases if they're not wearing a mask. 

Ah, I disagree with the decision but yeah... not a 17 year olds job to argue with a grown man about wearing a mask.

People suck.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Retail workers aren't paid enough to argue with idiot customers and enforce those kind of rules. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Purely curious, since I’ve never really known anyone with it: does that mean he seldom talks or never talks? I imagine that’s all really difficult to deal with but the fact that he’s high functioning is a positive 

He's got a very limited vocabulary - it took him a while to develop it, and it's very basic (I want car/I want juice, etc). He knows what he wants to say but the words aren't coming out - it's frustrating for him at times and he'll lash out, go into self harming behavior. He's getting better, but it's still a work in progress.

Outside of that, you couldn't tell there was any issue with him - he's got some minor manding with his hands that's quickly dismissed as a typical 8 y/o playing, and he'll vocalize at times with random grunts and yells, but that's all manageable with occupational therapy and speech therapy.

This was supposed to be the semester he transitioned to "regular" school and do ABA therapy part time, but the virus put that plan our the window...

• Like 3