Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ah, I disagree with the decision but yeah... not a 17 year olds job to argue with a grown man about wearing a mask.

People suck.

Yep.

21 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Retail workers aren't paid enough to argue with idiot customers and enforce those kind of rules. 

Nope.

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/business/masks-walmart-home-depot-lowes-cvs/index.html

Rescind may have been the wrong word, but they aren't enforcing it, and that's pretty much going to be company policy everywhere.  Just like the Home Depot won't let employees interfere with or try to stop shoplifters, they aren't going to prevent someone from going into the stores and making purchases if they're not wearing a mask. 

It just means that businesses can’t do this alone. They need help for obvious safety reasons. I used to work in retail and yeah, I hated confrontations with crazy customers.

44 minutes ago, Xenos said:

It just means that businesses can’t do this alone. They need help for obvious safety reasons. I used to work in retail and yeah, I hated confrontations with crazy customers.

I sometimes like it.  They think they can get away with it by intimidating people.  This happens a lot with all women at the desk at my hotel.  They’ll start screaming at them to get their way, then I’ll come up and the screaming stops and I straight up tell them they’re not getting their way.  

They think they can contact corporate and get their way, but corporate has to stand by certain things.  They end up wasting their time and huffing and puffing for hours until they realize they aren’t going to get their way.

I remember once there was a guest who was screaming at every desk clerk he could get ahold of for a better rate during an event week.  It finally got to me and I told him flat out he wasn’t getting a lower rate and he could stay somewhere else if he liked.  He told me to match the online rate or he would contact corporate.  I told him no, and I gave him corporate’s number.  Called corporate, got told no by corporate and then booked a no refundable rate online (I warned him it was cheaper because it was NON REFUNDABLE).  He booked it anyway.  Turns out he had to cancel a week before the event.  He didn’t get refunded.  It was over 1,000 dollars he lost because he couldn’t cancel it.  All because he wanted to save 80 dollars on a 4 night stay.

He would have been able to cancel if he just took the rate we offered him (which was generous).

Another time on a direct bill, a customer was screaming at everyone because he didn’t want to put his card on file for incidentals.  It was a direct bill that specifically did NOT cover incidentals, so all we had to do was AUTHORIZE, not charge, his card for 100 dollars.  So the company got billed for it because it was past the 24 hour cancel policy and he refused the room and he had to pay for it.

I do not tolerate those people.  All those things I would have let go if they were nice.  I feel it’s my responsibility to everyone else in the service industry to not let ***holes win by being an ***hole.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Thanks. And personally I opened mine with Fidelity. 0 fees and free trades.

When I hopefully return to work in the fall, I’ll have to look at my medical options again. Not sure how much hassle it would be to switch though. 

52 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I sometimes like it.  They think they can get away with it by intimidating people.  This happens a lot with all women at the desk at my hotel.  They’ll start screaming at them to get their way, then I’ll come up and the screaming stops and I straight up tell them they’re not getting their way.  

They think they can contact corporate and get their way, but corporate has to stand by certain things.  They end up wasting their time and huffing and puffing for hours until they realize they aren’t going to get their way.

I remember once there was a guest who was screaming at every desk clerk he could get ahold of for a better rate during an event week.  It finally got to me and I told him flat out he wasn’t getting a lower rate and he could stay somewhere else if he liked.  He told me to match the online rate or he would contact corporate.  I told him no, and I gave him corporate’s number.  Called corporate, got told no by corporate and then booked a no refundable rate online (I warned him it was cheaper because it was NON REFUNDABLE).  He booked it anyway.  Turns out he had to cancel a week before the event.  He didn’t get refunded.  It was over 1,000 dollars he lost because he couldn’t cancel it.  All because he wanted to save 80 dollars on a 4 night stay.

He would have been able to cancel if he just took the rate we offered him (which was generous).

Another time on a direct bill, a customer was screaming at everyone because he didn’t want to put his card on file for incidentals.  It was a direct bill that specifically did NOT cover incidentals, so all we had to do was AUTHORIZE, not charge, his card for 100 dollars.  So the company got billed for it because it was past the 24 hour cancel policy and he refused the room and he had to pay for it.

I do not tolerate those people.  All those things I would have let go if they were nice.  I feel it’s my responsibility to everyone else in the service industry to not let ***holes win by being an ***hole.

Never worked in the same industry as you. But everything you said sounds familiar. Just different environment.

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Never worked in the same industry as you. But everything you said sounds familiar. Just different environment.

The best part about it at a hotel is they can scream at you, call you all sorts of dirty names and then have to come back down 5 minutes later and get a key because they left theirs in the room.  That only happens once five years ago but it was glorious.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The best part about it at a hotel is they can scream at you, call you all sorts of dirty names and then have to come back down 5 minutes later and get a key because they left theirs in the room.  That only happens once five years ago but it was glorious.

You told him you were out of keys, right?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Texas reporting 313 deaths today. It wouldn't surprise me if theyre hitting 500 next week. Exponential growth is a bi***. Let's just hope the peak is hit soon. Even then- the decline is slow and gruesome.

Total number of cases has had a slight drop over the past week, so hopefully that continues and the death increase starts to drop too.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:23 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gonna be honest, I don't understand what this conspiracy is.

I could absolutely see a conspiracy theory popping up if Hydroxychloroquine was approved. The President is a stakeholder in Sanofi, who owns the rights, and also has authority over the FDA. Motive and opportunity. Doesn't mean it's true and obviously it's not since the drug got canned, but in an alternate universe I could see people speculating about it.

The other version of this makes no sense. Somehow there would exist clear, clinical data that the FDA would have that shows this thing is safe and effective, but for political reasons it's being shelved. So that means every single employee working on the COVID response in the FDA hates the President enough to keep this secret from the American public? And meanwhile Sanofi, who will have access to all of that trial data, somehow has a multi-billion dollar winning drug resting on the shelf for no good reason and, forget calling the President directly, isn't even going to start trying to publicize that it works? How many pharma CEO statements have we posted here in the past two weeks?

I don't get this one.

Bolded are contradictory comments. You do know why this narrative is being pushed. Its sitting right in front of you. 

Washington Football will have fans at games- https://www.washingtonfootball.com/stadium/fedexfieldsafe?campid=email_dd_goldupdateseries&elqTrackId=83a488f90f8c4e258262c285342cc666&elq=2075737800c34a158fd6d76d67b57c66&elqaid=84&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=20

I'm still torn on my tickets, but I am leaning towards telling them to refund my money this year.  After seeing how my mall handled sanitization- actually, the lack thereof- I have no confidence in a stadium sized event being able to properly do things.  And that's not even taking into account all of the crazy people who will try their hardest not to wear a mask, and fight to not wear it.  

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

I know my son's ABA has strict protocols behind who and how they conduct sessions, and my son's RBT is only assigned to my son, but I know it doesn't take much...

Hoping for the best for you and your family, brother. 😀

Much appreciated. 

Most of the time, my son is his RBT's only client. She's here 6 hours a day, 5 days a week...so I don't know how much time is spent with the other child lol. But she did inform us of the potential to take on this second client (we requested that info if it ever came up). I'm guessing she's not there a lot at all.  When Covid first started to break, we actually cancelled ABA all together (which we hated, but kind of were forced to...we did try to go virtual for a while, though that was a bust). Before we would bring her back (and we really wanted to bring her back, as she is really good with him, he had a lot of improvements and desperately needed the time) we had to know every single protocol and all that. We knew there was a risk...but I'm not going to lie, he's really, really bad off and he backslides and it completely sucks to be put into that position where we have to decide between the two.  The GF gets tested tomorrow, and we assume his RBT is getting tested today or tomorrow as well. I feel fairly good about the results being good at this point though. 

• Like 3