Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20200729/sarasota-memorial-hospital-expands-covid-19-antibody-trial

"This week, SMH opened the trial to people who have been infected with the novel coronavirus but aren’t sick enough to be hospitalized, the hospital said in a news release.

We’re very excited about this trial, which involves the first antiviral antibody cocktail specifically designed to attack a critical part of the coronavirus, the spike protein that attaches to human cells,” said Dr. Manuel Gordillo, medical director of Sarasota Memorial’s Infection Prevention and Control Department and principal investigator for the Sarasota trial. “In early laboratory tests, it completely obliterated the coronavirus at relatively low concentrations.”"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I've actually drank less booze since. I've bought more and drank less. I'm ok with this though bc it confirms I'm more of a social drinker lol

Haven’t really drank anything for a while actually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A Case Series of 100 COVID-19 Positive Patients Treated with Combination of Ivermectin and Doxycycline

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343305357_A_Case_Series_of_100_COVID-19_Positive_Patients_Treated_with_Combination_of_Ivermectin_and_Doxycycline

"Conclusion: Combination of Ivermectin and doxycycline was found to be very effective in viral clearance in mild and moderately sick COVID-19 patients. Medical societies and institutions should undertake larger multi center studies to validate and recommend this combination therapy to include in national guidelines"

Heartworm medicine that you might've heard about in the past.

Poorly done study, cited in a crap journal. The Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons is not a reputable journal and there are tons of these paper mills all over the place. In football terms its like citing Bleacher Report...
Not your fault though Bobby, and we all appreciate your efforts in bringing interesting news to this thread.

They really didn't advance knowledge in any way, Ivermectin has already been extensively studied - and eliminated from consideration because the doses required to impact the lungs aren't readily attainable. There was no control group and they admit that's a significant issue - especially since they were treating asymptomatic patients and then claiming success when those patients tested negative post-treatment. They also claim 100% success, that's a red flag in clinical research. Another red flag is that they spell the virus "SERS-CoV2" instead of SARS CoV-2, but maybe that's just how they do it in Bangladesh.

Note: The reason they dosed with an antibiotic is because Doxycycline has anti-inflammatory effects and that can help reduce the over-reaction by our immune systems.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Xenos said:

Please keep us posted. Sorry to hear about all this.

Edit: And maybe do the breathing exercises that @Mega Ron keeps talking about:

This definitely works.

Get out in the sun for a decent amount of the day. If you can't, then get some vitamin D supplements.

28 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Poorly done study, cited in a crap journal. The Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons is not a reputable journal and there are tons of these paper mills all over the place. In football terms its like citing Bleacher Report...
Not your fault though Bobby, and we all appreciate your efforts in bringing interesting news to this thread.

They really didn't advance knowledge in any way, Ivermectin has already been extensively studied - and eliminated from consideration because the doses required to impact the lungs aren't readily attainable. There was no control group and they admit that's a significant issue - especially since they were treating asymptomatic patients and then claiming success when those patients tested negative post-treatment. They also claim 100% success, that's a red flag in clinical research. Another red flag is that they spell the virus "SERS-CoV2" instead of SARS CoV-2, but maybe that's just how they do it in Bangladesh.

Note: The reason they dosed with an antibiotic is because Doxycycline has anti-inflammatory effects and that can help reduce the over-reaction by our immune systems.

Thanks for correcting me. I will modify my post.

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Haven’t really drank anything for a while actually.

It's a good idea to tell if you're still healthy! Open the whisky, smell the whisky, taste the whisky. If you can successfully do all these things, you're probably good to go! Enjoy your testing. I am going to test my abilities later this evening lol

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

@Forge @ET80

Were remote health services offered to you guys? My fiancee is an OT and works in early intervention. She kept her kids, but has been having sessions with them and the parents over video chat for the past few months.

They weren't for us. We actually had to push for it. Our company was okay to have the BCBA do virtual sessions, but she's only once a week and really just sets the plan for the little man. It's the RBT who is here every day actually implementing the plan and working on it with him, and they weren't approved to do that virtually. I don't know if that is a company thing though, as it very well could have been. Eventually we were able to do it, though we knew it was going to kind of be a bust (I think we mainly just wanted to give it a shot, but also to try and help out the RBT, who is an independent contract for the company, so we knew she didn't have an income at that point). 

Football practice is a go for tomorrow. These clowns are all going to pass the buck and keep pushing this back and back, wasting everyone’s time and energy, until the inevitable cancellation in mid August or early September. This is absurd.

• Like 1