Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I wish that business owners would be subject to larger fines or jail time here to be honest.  Our big issue in MD are a lot of bars and restaurants are over capacity. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Football practice is a go for tomorrow. These clowns are all going to pass the buck and keep pushing this back and back, wasting everyone’s time and energy, until the inevitable cancellation in mid August or early September. This is absurd.

Nobody wants to do anything, it’s nuts.

”Just do stuff and it will be fine until it’s not and then we’ll just shut stuff down”.  

Solid leadership folks.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nobody wants to do anything, it’s nuts.

”Just do stuff and it will be fine until it’s not and then we’ll just shut stuff down”.  

Solid leadership folks.

The OHSAA is a joke and should be ashamed of themselves. We should absolutely leave this “governing body”. They don’t want to be the bad guy and now the burden falls to districts and the health department. What a joke. They have now set a “if by September 4...” clause...this madness will never end!

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The OHSAA is a joke and should be ashamed of themselves. We should absolutely leave this “governing body”. They don’t want to be the bad guy and now the burden falls to districts and the health department. What a joke. They have now set a “if by September 4...” clause...this madness will never end!

Yeah not sure what they’re for if not situations like this.

Nobody wants to be the adult.

• Like 1

For some reason this WaPo article is not free:

Students can safely return to college if tested for coronavirus every two days, study says

Coronavirus infections can be controlled at universities this fall if students are tested for the virus every two days, according to a study published Friday.

The study was done by researchers from the Yale School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital and published in the Journal of the American Medical Association open network. The study used computer simulations to show how the virus might spread among a hypothetical cohort of 5,000 students.

In the simulations, 4,990 students were assumed to be coronavirus-free, while 10 were assumed to be infected. Researchers found screening every two days using a rapid, inexpensive test — even one that was not always accurate — would “maintain a controllable number of covid-19 infections” if coupled with “strict behavioral interventions” such as quarantining positive students in isolation dormitories.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/students-can-safely-return-to-college-if-tested-for-coronavirus-every-two-days-study-says/2020/07/31/a4316db0-d27f-11ea-af07-1d058ca137ae_story.html

• Like 1

This may seem like an outlandish idea, but what about having a trained dog at the entrance of schools. The kids I'm sure would love the dog. You could make it the friendly dog the school kids love. 

Ive read theu detect infection at a 94% rate. I didnt read the studies. I only read the headline,  so im not sure how reliable the study was.

But if the results have some significance,  They'd have a month to train the dogs for the school year starting here in upstate NY. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WizeGuy said:

This may seem like an outlandish idea, but what about having a trained dog at the entrance of schools. The kids I'm sure would love the dog. You could make it the friendly dog the school kids love. 

Ive read theu detect infection at a 94% rate. I didnt read the studies. I only read the headline,  so im not sure how reliable the study was.

But if the results have some significance,  They'd have a month to train the dogs for the school year starting here in upstate NY. 

They gonna put a mask on the dog?

21 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

They gonna put a mask on the dog?

I guess it depends how far away the dog needs to be to sense the virus. Also, if the kids are masked up, and the dog just sniffs by their ankles- then i assume the dog would be pretty safe.

I'm just throwing **** at the wall at this point. Schools need to find a clever way to get this done if they want a chance at staying open. 

Edited by WizeGuy

44 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Can i get one of these dogs?