Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Washington Football will have fans at games- https://www.washingtonfootball.com/stadium/fedexfieldsafe?campid=email_dd_goldupdateseries&elqTrackId=83a488f90f8c4e258262c285342cc666&elq=2075737800c34a158fd6d76d67b57c66&elqaid=84&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=20

I'm still torn on my tickets, but I am leaning towards telling them to refund my money this year.  After seeing how my mall handled sanitization- actually, the lack thereof- I have no confidence in a stadium sized event being able to properly do things.  And that's not even taking into account all of the crazy people who will try their hardest not to wear a mask, and fight to not wear it.  

Huge mistake, but it is Dan Snyder. tl;dr, are they at least significantly reducing the number of fans that may attend?

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When I say I don't get it, I mean I don't understand what the conspiracy is actually alleging.

The people purporting the preposterous rumors don't even know, that's not the point. 

All they know is that their leader is rallying them to the cause. So they take up the flag, put down their mask, and twist whatever reasoning they need to in order to justify the absolutely baseless and illogical thing that is being shoved down their gullets. 

If there is one thing their leader is good at, it's rallying the troops. Troops are usually good at taking orders but are not supposed to think for themselves. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, N4L said:

The people purporting the preposterous rumors don't even know, that's not the point. 

All they know is that their leader is rallying them to the cause. So they take up the flag, put down their mask, and twist whatever reasoning they need to in order to justify the absolutely baseless and illogical thing that is being shoved down their gullets. 

If there is one thing their leader is good at, it's rallying the troops. Troops are usually good at taking orders but are not supposed to think for themselves. 

You don’t even need to think really, just look at the obvious data in front of you.

Another promising vaccine candidate. Just hope the others work b/c I don't want to wait as long as this would take to get the full nod of approval. Still, good news none-the-less

http://ir.inovio.com/news-releases/news-releases-details/2020/INOVIOs-COVID-19-DNA-Vaccine-INO-4800-Provides-Protection-with-Memory-Immune-Responses-In-Non-Human-Primates-Challenged-with-SARS-CoV-2-Virus/default.aspx

Highlights:

- INO-4800 showed durable antibody and T cell responses in rhesus macaques for 4 months
- INO-4800 is the only vaccine to demonstrate long-term protection in non-human primates challenged with SARS-CoV-2 virus 13 weeks from vaccination
- Memory T and B cell responses resulted in reduced viral loads and faster viral clearance in macaques' lungs and nasal passages
- INO-4800 vaccination generated antibodies neutralizing both the earlier strain of virus as well as the mutant variant (D614G) that has emerged with greater infectivity, and now accounts for >80% of newly circulating virus
- No antibody-dependent enhanced disease events were reported

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Total number of cases has had a slight drop over the past week, so hopefully that continues and the death increase starts to drop too.

Is it actually dropping or is Texas pulling a Utah and testing less and saying "Hey look, our numbers are dropping!"

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You don’t even need to think really, just look at the obvious data in front of you.

The data that shows results contradictory to your beliefs must be wrong, so you search out data to support your beliefs, and in these times it's not hard to find it. There's plenty of "doctors" who still peddle that hydroxychloroquine is a competent drug to use against COVID, despite numerous studies and the FDA concluding it's not. There are still plenty of "doctors" who say opening schools is a no-brainer and that COVID is no worse than the flu.

There used to be a time where experts and data were trusted, but now it's just like any moron can find any chart that supports what they want to believe on the internet.

Hell, I had a person on Reddit yesterday genuinely try to make the argument that since in Sweden they have had zero children die due to COVID while keeping their schools open (mind you, it's well known that Sweden did NOT test within their schools AND had numerous adults die in their schools of COVID) that the obvious conclusion is that closing schools was causing kids to die from COVID. I asked this person what scientific study proves that and the response was "reality".

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The data that shows results contradictory to your beliefs must be wrong, so you search out data to support your beliefs, and in these times it's not hard to find it. There's plenty of "doctors" who still peddle that hydroxychloroquine is a competent drug to use against COVID, despite numerous studies and the FDA concluding it's not. There are still plenty of "doctors" who say opening schools is a no-brainer and that COVID is no worse than the flu.

There used to be a time where experts and data were trusted, but now it's just like any moron can find any chart that supports what they want to believe on the internet.

Hell, I had a person on Reddit yesterday genuinely try to make the argument that since in Sweden they have had zero children die due to COVID while keeping their schools open (mind you, it's well known that Sweden did NOT test within their schools AND had numerous adults die in their schools of COVID) that the obvious conclusion is that closing schools was causing kids to die from COVID. I asked this person what scientific study proves that and the response was "reality".

Yeah some folks refuse to vet a source.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Horrible news, Herman Cain died of COVID. Obviously a political figure, not discussing that, but maybe his death provides a wake up call to the 'hoax' crowd.

“Well he was old and had comorbidities... prolly died of something else and they’re just flubbing the death certificate for funding.  I heard of a guy who got hit by a bus....”

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“Well he was old and had comorbidities... prolly died of something else and they’re just flubbing the death certificate for funding.  I heard of a guy who got hit by a bus....”

I'd prefer that to "he was murdered by Bill Gates".

But in all seriousness, he's far and away the most public politician to die of COVID, he was active in the current administration up to his death, etc. You're probably right, but I'm hoping people rally around this and realize it's serious.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd prefer that to "he was murdered by Bill Gates".

But in all seriousness, he's far and away the most public politician to die of COVID, he was active in the current administration up to his death, etc. You're probably right, but I'm hoping people rally around this and realize it's serious.

We can only hope.

• Like 2