Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd prefer that to "he was murdered by Bill Gates".

But in all seriousness, he's far and away the most public politician to die of COVID, he was active in the current administration up to his death, etc. You're probably right, but I'm hoping people rally around this and realize it's serious.

Murdered by Bill Gates and 5G 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd prefer that to "he was murdered by Bill Gates".

But in all seriousness, he's far and away the most public politician to die of COVID, he was active in the current administration up to his death, etc. You're probably right, but I'm hoping people rally around this and realize it's serious.

The man was literally on his death bed yesterday and his social media team was tweeting about how the virus was still a hoax. They've since deleted the tweets, but I just...I can't, man. It must be wild to be a part of a cult like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel bad crapping on a guy who just died, but man, he was warned repeatedly and was clearly high risk.

I feel awful for his family.

I hope his family chooses to speak up so that this same thing doesn't continue to happen to others.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The man was literally on his death bed yesterday and his social media team was tweeting about how the virus was still a hoax. They've since deleted the tweets, but I just...I can't, man. It must be wild to be a part of a cult like this.

Why did I ever have hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Arguments for online learning being better in the fall, and the problems that still persist.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/28/895720240/can-online-learning-be-better-this-fall-these-educators-think-so

Of course it will be better. Educators can actually plan for it. Our principals message was clear and direct all spring. This work needs to be easy, it needs to keep kids off the computer as much as possible and our main job is to give support to kids right now.

People acting like remote learning will look the same this year as it did last fall are delusional.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwAg said:

You mean teachers actually engaged in lesson planning for remote learning instead of simply entering a comatose state until reactivated to return to work?

Yes, but on the plus side, all staff and department meetings were via zoom, which going forward I’m lobbying that all of them should be conducted as such, therefore I can minimize the screen and actually do productive work, or play mafia.

Dewine urging booze sales at bars and restaurants to end at 10PM. We shouldn't be having this conversation and this should've started when we reopened. They can stay open for food, just not booze. **** it, close em down at 10. No reason to keep it open anyway.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Dewine urging booze sales at bars and restaurants to end at 10PM. We shouldn't be having this conversation and this should've started when we reopened. They can stay open for food, just not booze. **** it, close em down at 10. No reason to keep it open anyway.

No issue with that whatsoever. Here’s what I do have an issue with:

Response to Question 1: "Our goal has always been to save as many lives as possible, so do not congregate at all, even family gatherings, especially in red.

Response to Question 3: “Maybe no school, no sports. Elections are fine, absolutely no reason to think that the election cannot happen on that date.“

(138 million Americans voted in 2016)