Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Lol Emperor Cuomo did that months ago. NY is the laughingstock of the US with California right behind them.

CA at least believes in science and is willing to do what’s necessary to slow the spread.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Every state is about to see jumps. Even New Zealand is seeing cases pop up and they were COVID free for like 2-3 months. 

Everyone that can should get the flu shot. I think the states that can stay warmer longer and allow people to stay outside will be able to blunt some of the blow. But yeah, it could get bad.

22 minutes ago, Xenos said:

CA at least believes in science and is willing to do what’s necessary to slow the spread.

Not necessarily talking about the virus. Just meant in general. At least Newsome didn't send the sick into the retirement homes. That I know of.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

4 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not necessarily talking about the virus. Just meant in general. As least Newsome didn't send the sick into the retirement homes. That I know of.

People can laugh at CA all it want. It was the #5 economy before the pandemic. And the science comment still stands. It has its issues but I’m glad Newsom is our governor especially right now.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

For the record, it’s things like this that gives the anti mask crowd ammunition, because it’s completely absurd:

ax9EY2n_460s.jpg

That and the whole mass gatherings not too long ago with thousands and thousands of people in the streets and yet it has contributed to any spikes. And how ordering food makes you less likely to contract as bars. And how you are only at risk going to your table and the bathroom.

Don't care that much about wearing a mask. It's annoying sure, but they could be making us do something more inconvenient or stupid. 

27 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

That and the whole mass gatherings not too long ago with thousands and thousands of people in the streets and yet it has contributed to any spikes. And how ordering food makes you less likely to contract as bars. And how you are only at risk going to your table and the bathroom.

Don't care that much about wearing a mask. It's annoying sure, but they could be making us do something more inconvenient or stupid. 

Thousands of protesters in the streets not leading to a spike shows that wearing masks and being outside work.

Edit: also where are you eating the food? Inside or outside?

Edited by Xenos

15 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Better have something with the taxes and cost of living there.

Taxes are fine. It’s annoying if you’re middle class but you’re grateful for the UI check when you get furloughed because of a pandemic. As well as other safety nets. The people who complain the most are usually the people who can afford to pay their fair share but don’t want to. Cost of living has nothing to do with who is in charge. It’s the price of living in a beautiful place like CA where you’re near the beach and the weather doesn’t get as cold as the rest of the country. There’s a lot of other economic factors as well for why the cost is so high similar to what is happening at other places in this country.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So...we're allowed to go to a bar if it's to eat (COVID doesn't spread if you're eating, of course) but if it's to drink, no way! Can't do that!

We're a shambles. A laughing stock.

Bars should serve food outside if you’re going to eat. And drinking is bad simply because you’re more likely not going to social distance.

4 hours ago, Xenos said:

Bars should serve food outside if you’re going to eat. And drinking is bad simply because you’re more likely not going to social distance.

True about the alcohol

Re: the food, this isn't possible now in the UK due to weather turning etc. I just don't like the inconsistency from our incompetent government. We have no idea what we're allowed to do or not, they're seemingly making it up and changing it every month. The class system is rearing its ugly head again, with the poorer northern areas set to lock completely down, but prosperous money making London (despite requests from the mayor to lock back down)...oh no....keep about your lives, dearests. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xenos said:

Everyone that can should get the flu shot. I think the states that can stay warmer longer and allow people to stay outside will be able to blunt some of the blow. But yeah, it could get bad.

I've been saying this for a while.  If you look at the states that struggled with this early on, the northeast and northwest did, where it's cold and people were inside.  The southern states did just fine because they were outside.  Once it got too hot/humid in the southern states to be outside, they ended up with the higher infection rates, while the northeast and northwest saw declining rates because it was better weather to stay outside.  

It's clear that this thing is a super spreader indoors without social distancing and masks.  A lot of states are going to walk back some of their openings.  I've resigned myself to that, but it's going to cause those more vocal crowds to appear again. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Xenos said:

Thousands of protesters in the streets not leading to a spike shows that wearing masks and being outside work.

Edit: also where are you eating the food? Inside or outside?

It's inside and outside. Can't order a beer without ordering food. Period. Pretty stupid if you ask me.