Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I think things are about to turn nasty again over here in England.

Just as last time there are a handful of children at the kids school off and parents have tested positive.

Within about a fortnight of that happening previously we were in lockdown and heading towards lots of people dying.

I've felt somewhat accepting of the scenario until today when someone in my lad's bubble tested positive. Now I'll admit to being full of dread about it all. Stupid Rona.

Edited by Mega Ron

Also, gonna be paranoid for a while starting tonight.  Someone who lives with their parents is coming back to work tonight.  Her dad had covid.  It’s been 14 days.  I’m gonna be washing my hands in acid for the next week.

I fee pretty confident I’ll be alright if I get it.  My grandpa is obese at 89 years old and he survived it without any problem.  I just really don’t want to have to miss work for two weeks or die.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m gonna be washing my hands in acid for the next week.

If you're genuinely concerned about a specific exposure ( not just walking past somebody)

Since the virus typically enters thru nose/mouth: 

1) wash your hands with soap
2) blow your nose after being near an infected human.
3) Wash your mouth/nose area with your clean hands, then wash them again
4) Gargle with a disinfecting mouthwash like Listerine. And let that get deep into your throat for 5-10 seconds, none of this quick swish & spit stuff
Those steps can help kill the buggers before they set up camp.

5) Don't take medical advice from strangers on the internet

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

If you're genuinely concerned about a specific exposure ( not just walking past somebody)

4) Gargle with a disinfecting mouthwash like Listerine. And let that get deep into your throat for 5-10 seconds, none of this quick swish & spit stuff

I've got a wedding this weekend that I'm not thrilled about going to. Instead of sneaking in booze, I'm sneaking in Listerine. We won't be staying long anyway. But yeah, I've been following these steps since I learned of them. It makes sense

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm being serious.

Are you sure you’re not half serious lol? Especially considering it was a running joke/argument for awhile earlier in the thread between mission and someone else.

14 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

sounds good. i am doing number 5

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Wow, I was just going to lather hand sanitizer over my bald head like a lotion and then drink vodka straight once I got home.  This is much easier, thanks!