Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I feel like one extreme or the other will be coming to us soon. 

I don’t think implementing a national plan to fight Covid instead of letting undermanned states figure out what to do on their own is extreme at all. But that’s just me.

President-elect Joe Biden, who the Associated Press projected as the winner of the 2020 election on Saturday, will assume office on Jan. 20. He will likely do so amid surging coronavirus cases and increased deaths, and with no end in sight. Instantly, he will shoulder several herculean tasks, including a massive testing scale-up, restoring the credibility of government scientists, and overseeing the eventual distribution of hundreds of millions of vaccine doses. Perhaps most daunting, in a country plagued by apathy and misinformation: Biden will need to earn the buy-in of the American public.

Much of the work has already begun. In interviews with STAT, several Biden health advisers described a forthcoming effort to court skeptical mayors and governors, select and vet leaders for key public health agencies, and set a new tone for the nation’s pandemic response, even in the 10 weeks before he takes office. 

“There are some things he’s going to do right off the bat,” said Nicole Lurie, a Biden campaign adviser who served as the Obama administration’s top pandemic-preparedness official. “He will reach out to Tony Fauci. He will declare his intent to be an active participant in the WHO and in the world. And I believe that in very short order, he’ll be in touch with governors and mayors around the country, listening to what it is that they’ll need to pivot this response.”

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/07/biden-to-start-pandemic-response-immediately/

9 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1206008.shtml

Excellent news if you believe the source

I wouldn't.

The Global Times is a daily tabloid newspaper under the auspices of the Chinese Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, commenting on international issues from a nationalistic perspective.

Basically a tabloid controlled by one of the most information suppressing regime in the world right now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I wouldn't.

The Global Times is a daily tabloid newspaper under the auspices of the Chinese Communist Party's People's Daily newspaper, commenting on international issues from a nationalistic perspective.

Basically a tabloid controlled by one of the most information suppressing regime in the world right now. 

That's a shame. I'm not familiar. Maybe someone else will echo the same info. 

42 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Hopefully it stays that way. 

It looks like no mall mandate either but he'll try to get the governors to mandate it?

• Like 1