2020 FFNBA Draft - Quarantine Edition- Discussion Thread

amac

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I also think Durant is a weird pick. Feel like that's a fine line. Like if I pick Isaiah Thomas, are we considering he's still an MVP candidate level player then? Sure, we've seen him decline but it's not the fairest assumption to think Wall/Klay/Durant are just going to be fine. 

But hey it's ya'lls bbq, I'm just eatin at it 

No, you’re not considering him in MVP form, IT has nothing to recover from. The damage he has sustained is evidently permanent and he will never return to form. Whereas those 3 are all sidelined from acute injuries that they can “recover” from. Of course I think it’s fair to assume they won’t be the same, but that’ll be up to voters, right? Wall could conceivably come back and be 100%, nobody knows yet (obviously unlikely given age and history)... but we know IT is done.

Personally I think Klay will be 100%, KD will adapt and still be elite (but less active on D), while Wall’s all star days are over and he’ll come back playing at a level akin to current D Rose.

Here you go @amac

74. Tyronnosaurus (via FinneasGage) - Mike Conley Jr

75. 11sanchez11 - Marcus Smart

76. KhanYouDigIt (via FinneasGage via MookieMonstah) - Montrezl Harrell

77. Troy Brown - Spencer Dinwiddie

78. Seminoles1 - Marcus Morris

79. Troy Brown (via FinneasGage via Tyronnosaurus) - Julius Randle

80. Bullet Club - Patrick Beverley 

Round 6

81. Herbie_Hancock (via Bullet Club) - Brook Lopez

82. KhanYouDigIt (via FinneasGage via Tyronnosaurus) - John Wall

83. Seminoles1 - Fred VanVleet

84. Troy Brown - Evan Fournier

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No, you’re not considering him in MVP form, IT has nothing to recover from. The damage he has sustained is evidently permanent and he will never return to form. Whereas those 3 are all sidelined from acute injuries that they can “recover” from. Of course I think it’s fair to assume they won’t be the same, but that’ll be up to voters, right? Wall could conceivably come back and be 100%, nobody knows yet (obviously unlikely given age and history)... but we know IT is done.

Personally I think Klay will be 100%, KD will adapt and still be elite (but less active on D), while Wall’s all star days are over and he’ll come back playing at a level akin to current D Rose.

Ok, IT aside. Maybe Kevin Durant/Klay/Wall all play terribly this year. Maybe they fall off like Melo. Is it probable? No but we don't know for sure. I just think it's lame is all. Guess I thought differently of how this will be judged cause I can say for certain that KD and Wall wouldn't make much of a difference this year 

With a couple of intriguing players available, I may explore moving Collins to the bench as the backup to both the 4/5, moving Simmons to starting PF. It only works if I get one of my guys. Then bam - 20/10 guy off the bench. 

Fun draft so far.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I thought the biggest thing was we are assuming everyone is healthy 

The way I took it was anyone injured would recover from their latest injury immediately instead of however long it would really be 

It’s subjective, it has to be otherwise it becomes a question of where you draw the line with injuries. I’m basically viewing Durant as the player he was before the injury, but someone like Cousins who actually played post injury and was not the same player and then got injured again takes a hit for me

Edited by amac
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Wall/Wiggins were both guys I was targeting if they fell way lower than this

Wiggins has been pretty good this year honestly and with his massive contract not a factor it doesn't make sense not to take him. He's certainly a better player than a lot of guys who went ahead of him tbh