Jump to content
flyguy1609

Seattle trades for db Dunbar

Recommended Posts

I should note that I hate this trade as a Rams fan. It's a really good deal for Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only real issue with Dunbar is how often he gets injured.  Only played in 18 games the past two years.  You just have to hope it was the Redskins' incompetent medical staff that was the biggest contributor to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I think we might be over thinking it. CB was thin as tissue paper last year. Tre and Shaq both missed games. Akeem King was kinda of a dud. Thorpe was hurt all year. And this years class has a ton of T-Rex DB's Seattle is not interested in. This trade adds talent + Depth at a really thin position. Dunbar probably has the inside edge over Flowers, but I can see a scenario where all three are on the field at the same time (especially if teams line up their stud in the slot => Adams). 

Dunbar also misses a lot of games, so with those three guys, maybe you can get two full seasons worth out of them?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Kinda doubt you relegate a guy who played as well as Dunbar did last year to a depth piece. 

Yep fair point. And a 5th for him is a good deal. And I know teams shouldn't rotate CBs but maybe to counter the WR advantages in todays game, they should start doing just that. I know that sounds radical to the point of lunacy. 

Maybe they see him as a nickel back! 

Is this a move to counter the arrival of Hopkins in Arizona, the WRs the Rams already have and the likelihood the Niners take a WR with pick 13 in an allegedly stacked WR draft? Just thinking out loud here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Wish the Jags were in on this.

Have they ever been on anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking!

Q. Dunbar has broken his wrist, attempting to sign a contract extension.

He's looking at 3 to 4 weeks recovery time. 

But don't forget...he's a hell of a player. 😜

Don't fret my fellow skins fans...

Kyle Allen was undrafted-we traded a 5th

Dunbar was undrafted-we got back a 5th. We also lost a whiny *****, so that will be hard to replace.

But we still got Trent, so no worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that looks like a great move for the Seahawks! 
Dunbar is definitely better than Flowers, and should start over him next year. 
Now go get some DLs please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is one of the worst trades I can remember.  Dunbar definitely isn't a top 2 CB like PFF thinks, but he's an above average starter on a low cap hit.  We basically let him force his way out of DC with nothing to really show for it.  We would have gotten at least a 4th round comp pick if we let him play out his deal this year and walk in 2021.

I was just coming in here to ask Redskins fan how good Dunbar is.  CB is one of Seattle's biggest weaknesses.  They have their #1 CB on the roster, so if Dunbar can be the #2 that would be awesome.

Remember the NFC Divisional game vs the Packers and how they couldn't cover Davante Adams - as in Adams was just running around WIDE OPEN - hopefully Dunbar can help in that regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was just coming in here to ask Redskins fan how good Dunbar is.  CB is one of Seattle's biggest weaknesses.  They have their #1 CB on the roster, so if Dunbar can be the #2 that would be awesome.

Remember the NFC Divisional game vs the Packers and how they couldn't cover Davante Adams - as in Adams was just running around WIDE OPEN - hopefully Dunbar can help in that regard.

Yeah, he’ll be a very good addition to that secondary. It’s also the sort of CB the Seahawks look for (long-armed former WR who converted to CB), so not surprised he ended up there. 
 

He has excellent route-recognition skills and has a nose for the ball. He’s not a burner, so he can get exposed against fast WRs running go routes or slants with a lot of open field in front of them, but it’s rare that I’ve seen him truly burned. His game against Cooper in 2018 is the only one that comes to mind, but he was playing with a leg injury IIRC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Great get for a low price. I'm hoping we make him play out this year rather than handing him an extension. 

Very curious to see what we do between Dunbar, Tre Flowers, and Shaq Griffin. Have to assume either Flowers or Griffin will be dealt...

Deal Griffin?  Heck no.  He was a Pro Bowl alternate this season and played well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, he’ll be a very good addition to that secondary. It’s also the sort of CB the Seahawks look for (long-armed former WR who converted to CB), so not surprised he ended up there. 
 

He has excellent route-recognition skills and has a nose for the ball. He’s not a burner, so he can get exposed against fast WRs running go routes or slants with a lot of open field in front of them, but it’s rare that I’ve seen him truly burned. His game against Cooper in 2018 is the only one that comes to mind, but he was playing with a leg injury IIRC. 

He got destroyed by the Eagles in Week 1 last year. 

Just nitpicking there, though, because he’s a really good player. I think if he stays healthy, he’s a borderline Pro Bowler in the Seattle system. Great acquisition for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, showtime said:

Deal Griffin?  Heck no.  He was a Pro Bowl alternate this season and played well.

 

Perhaps they let it play out and hope Griffin nets a high contract and valuable compensatory return. Keep in mind both Dunbar and Griffin are playing out contract years and I'd say it's unlikely we would re-up both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Schneider was able to get Quinton Dunbar, and Quandre Diggs for Nick Vannett and 5th. What a steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, animaltested said:

John Schneider was able to get Quinton Dunbar, and Quandre Diggs for Nick Vannett and 5th. What a steal.

How Nick Vannett ever fetched us a 5th round pick is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×