FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

4 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

It gets messy. That’s what took this out before,

you need to either put them all back or have a free agency the same as tcmd. Need to eliminate the opinion and make it black and white.

Yep, that is a a debate and discussion for a different day. Hence why I just wanted it to be pure draft to get up back off the ground

• Like 4

If there is to be a free agency with agents to decide, there has to be something along the lines of TCMD but with the human in the loop. Meaning, there has to be some evaluation of analytics of the deal to take into play that has a unbiased value which decides the location a player signs. It could take some time, but I think it could be develped if there was some minds at work. 

Just now, mike23md said:

If there is to be a free agency with agents to decide, there has to be something along the lines of TCMD but with the human in the loop. Meaning, there has to be some evaluation of analytics of the deal to take into play that has a unbiased value which decides the location a player signs. It could take some time, but I think it could be develped if there was some minds at work. 

I agree with Pete and would love an extensive convo about this after the draft has finished.

The tcmd model works ffmd didn’t. There is always a struggle with fan based opinions and acting as agents more so if they are running teams. 
If they were separate maybe but every decision used to be questioned and so many people just could not let go it become embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I won't go on about this because this debate would be better served after this mock is over.  

Having "agents" acting in the best interest of the player doesn't work, because at the end of the day if you offered more money and the "agent" accepted a lessor deal to go to another team, it will generate complaints that things are being ran in a bias fashion.  While writing the pitch was fun and entertaining to read and write the pitch didn't determine who went where because it would create a bias that couldn't be accounted for or accepted.  A team offering the most is simple and something everyone can understand and accept.  It also kept teams from being able adequately game plan in a timely fashion without having to wait days to determine if you landed a player or not delaying trades.  It also put a lot of extra work on the GM which from my understanding was a reason some didn't want to take on that role.

That's my 2 cents...but this debate would be better served after this years mock is over.

I know what you mean about the agents, and there's always the chance that it appears "bias". That being said: I absolutely loved that part of past FFMDs.

I think, if the "agent" ordered a list of the player's "priorities" (location, team competitiveness, position competition, overall value, guaranteed money, overall value), and had the agent reveal that list after the decision was made, you could alleviate some of those concerns. But, sure, they'll always exist.

And it's a lot of work for those that run FFMD.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I know what you mean about the agents, and there's always the chance that it appears "bias". That being said: I absolutely loved that part of past FFMDs.

I think, if the "agent" ordered a list of the player's "priorities" (location, team competitiveness, position competition, overall value, guaranteed money, overall value), and had the agent reveal that list after the decision was made, you could alleviate some of those concerns. But, sure, they'll always exist.

And it's a lot of work for those that run FFMD.

If we were to ever bring back the agency, I’d head it up. I have a lot of ideas on this. But this structure of priorities does matter. Some guys would take what looks like less money, but the structure is actually better. I’d focus on things like that. But we don’t have big enough groups running teams right now. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Part of the fun of FFMD was the pitches along with crafting the contract, so if there were to be free agency again with FFMD, I'd highly recommend going that route again - which means agents.

I agree that was my favorite part... but a lotta whiners not liking the results is what killed it 

• Like 1