College Football 25

Ty21

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

have been playing nonstop besides like a 5 hour sleep lol. it's great. recruiting is a little easy. only things i would really really want is for their to a bigger emphasis on history and your prior years (expanded record books / list of awards that players from you school has won / your schools nfl draft history / etc.) & maybe a setting to make recruiting harder. 

but it's great. 

edit: i guess if i just didn't do the cheese where you look at who has no offers after week 1 and then throw the bag at them, then recruiting wouldn't be so easy. 

I’m not as good at recruiting tbh. I only care about offense early on but an edge really liked me so I went on him. He ended up deal breaking me out, but for the last few weeks I’ve still been #1 on his list. Make it make sense 

12 hours ago, 43M said:

Not that Im doubting any of that could be the case, BUT, my question remains about OFFLINE.   Like....how would EA be any more susceptible to copyright or likeness lawsuits than literally ANY OTHER GAME with a create-a-character?   I just dont get how EA would be responsible for how gamers edit players OFFLINE.

You make good points, and the risk aversion seems most likely....but its also EA, so Im going to be extra suspicious of them taking a longstanding fearure out.

But it is still in all their other games.  If this was about "EA being EA", why would they keep it in all their other sports games, including in all likelihood the next Madden, but not this game if it had nothing to do with risk aversion?  What benefit is it to EA to not have it in the game, when they have went out their way to include so many other details that require more effort than create-a-player?

You also have to consider that this game has a chance to be the most streamed sports game of the next year, whether that be people playing RTG, Dynasty, UT, etc.  Nevermind college players that didn't opt-in, what if one of those streamers were to start editing in high school prospects that haven't hit college yet?  And then uploaded clips of them playing as such?  

I would wager there are some technological challenges in implementing a system that allows for people to edit when offline but not online, while also guaranteeing they won't stream and/or record the game.  I'd also gamble that the vast majority of people purchasing this game on current-gen are playing the game online/connected to EA Servers.

And to be clear, I am not blaming you for being disappointed or saying you shouldn't be.  Yes, it is unfortunate.  However I just think it is unfair to make it seem like EA is being some devilish company when it is pretty obvious why there are limitations on player editing.  And I think it is unfair to let something that is more than likely out of their control overshadow all the good they have done with this game.  You have long wanted a football game that made the changes necessary to feel like an actual football game and that is what this game has done.  If you choose to not buy the game, that is your choice (and I get it - don't buy things that you don't truly want), but it isn't because EA/the team behind this game lacked for effort.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Try the Kansas State playbook its the best one I've found so far. 

Seems OP in sims, too.  I've seen K State turn into a power beyond even the 90's/00's Bill Snyder era across multiple dynasties I've watched. 

I don't get it until Friday, but I think I'm going to start with Tennessee's.  The wide splits should help me run the ball while I figure out the passing game.    

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I really like how they don't have the "fake" turnovers like Madden has. If someone fumbles in this game, from what I've seen its a fumble. In Madden when someone fumbles 95% of the time it gets overturned by the refs. 

I'd love to see a fumble that is called down on the field in future games.  Guy drops the ball, but the officials come rushing in blowing the whistle signaling he's down.  That would be a cool animation to see. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, showtime said:

How you all liking the game so far?

The game is fun. I don’t have many complaints. I haven’t finished a full season yet so I can’t comment on sim stats. Minor complaint early on is the game feels a little easy but I haven’t played against top schools yet. 

12 hours ago, Xmad said:

I was like nah the PC madden market isn't that small....then I saw the steam's all time charts were less than 10k. Granted the casuals probably use origin but that's ****Ing small. No wonder we got shafted for years lol.

Here's hoping EA CFB 25 comes to PC so we can get full roster mods.

Yes. Unless Sony sweeps in with a very last minute exclusivity deal to kill the xbox.

Yeah I use Origin/EA Play for Madden on PC but the market is incredibly awful. If you're playing MUT it's extremely hard to find cards and they're almost always significantly overpriced compared to consoles just because of supply/demand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’m not as good at recruiting tbh. I only care about offense early on but an edge really liked me so I went on him. He ended up deal breaking me out, but for the last few weeks I’ve still been #1 on his list. Make it make sense 

Just sign Tank Bawse. Nothing else matters.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I understand now. The deal breaker is a goal I need to hit throughout the season. So the playing style goal is hard to hit with a **** roster, so I’m stuck in the I can’t get a job cause I don’t have experience and I can’t get experience cause I don’t have a job loop. 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

I understand now. The deal breaker is a goal I need to hit throughout the season. So the playing style goal is hard to hit with a **** roster, so I’m stuck in the I can’t get a job cause I don’t have experience and I can’t get experience cause I don’t have a job loop. 

Have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In the ~2 hours I've just done practice mode trying to get a feel for the game, it feels almost exactly like madden but with college players lol

I think a lot of what makes it feel different is the presentation and pageantry surrounding playing the games. The passing feels way different than Madden, too imo which should carry over to practice mode.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

In the ~2 hours I've just done practice mode trying to get a feel for the game, it feels almost exactly like madden but with college players lol

I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen, it looks way more fast and snappy than Madden which seems slow and dumb/easy by comparison. Madden for years has always looked like it plays in slow motion to me.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because it is... it's the same football engine.