Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

Just now, Golfman said:

WHO GIVES A **** IF THEY HIT THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR. If they hit next year it comes out of what we can pay guys we need to extend. You are aware of roll over cap are you not? 

Next year we have: Bak, Linsley, King, Clark, Jones and J. Williams as free agents. You can't spend the money twice! 

If he hits the incentives he was productive and earned the damn money???

• Like 6

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

2 million dollars is nothing lol

Yes, do that 10 times with guys who can be replaced with minimum salary guys and you wind up without enough money to extend guys who really matter. It's over 1% of our budget. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

WHO GIVES A **** IF THEY HIT THIS YEAR OR NEXT YEAR. If they hit next year it comes out of what we can pay guys we need to extend. You are aware of roll over cap are you not? 

Next year we have: Bak, Linsley, King, Clark, Jones and J. Williams as free agents. You can't spend the money twice! 

If it hits next year, that means he had a great season. Do you know how incentives work?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The question marks are intended to communicate my incredulity that you aren't grasping what is a very simple concept. 

Do you think Devin Funchess is a league minimum quality WR???

Yes I do! His 51.9% career catch percentage coupled with his drop rate makes that fairly obvious. 

Edited by Golfman

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yes, do that 10 times with guys who can be replaced with minimum salary guys and you wind up without enough money to extend guys who really matter. It's over 1% of our budget. 

2.5 isn't getting in the way of signing Clark  to a long term deal. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd
  • Like 1

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

2.5 isn't getting in the way of signing Clark a to a long term deal. 

It's painful when people do not understand math! I'm done here folks! 

I will be rooting for Devin Funchess as a Packer! In spite of the fact I don't think this was a wise move. I won't be posting every time he drops a pass or screws up like a certain poster does regarding our QB.

All have a great afternoon! 

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Clearly, math is not your friend! Why don't you go back and read the deal again and then get back to me with the .2 million. 

maybe you should spell it out what you are all pissed about a WR with #2 potential on the open market getting a deal 2.50M deal+ the other incentives....that as @AlexGreen#20 noted if he reaches them count in 2021?   

Just now, Golfman said:

Yes I do! His 51.9% catch percentage coupled with his drop rate makes that fairly obvious. 

Since his 3rd season in the league. His per 16 game stats are:

57 Catches 101 Targets 733 Yards 6 TDs with a catch rate of 56.4%

That's a productive receiver and I don't even think the dude's that good. This is fine for a temporary depth signing, which is what his contract is for. He's got the 18th highest cap hit on the roster. 

I will be rooting for Devin Funchess as a Packer! In spite of the fact I don't think this was a wise move. I won't be posting every time he drops a pass or screws up like a certain poster does regarding our QB.

Edited:  not worth it

• Like 1

Just admit you took what you thought was going to be the popular stance on the issue and realized you missed judge it.

• Like 3