Week 3 GDT: Bears vs. Steelers

Madmike90

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

I am saying at minimum one more game, the short week I think is a bad idea to get Trubisky in there.

Oh I agree. But there just hasn't been any indication of displeasure with the impotent offense at Glennon's hands.

^^^^

That sounds doubly gross with Glennon being a giraffe, but I'm not editing it.

17 minutes ago, RidiculousJames said:

We don't even need WRs.

I was joking we should be in an empty set.

Miller - Howard - Cunningham to the left

Shaheen - Cohen to the right.

Wright and Sims can sub in every 10 plays or so,.

I know PFF isn't exactly the most revered source, but I was thinking Jordan forced a ton of missed tackles, and on Facebok someone showed a picture showing they had Howard had forced 10 broken tackles.

Cohen and Howard totaled 266 yards of offense (not including Cohen's returns, just offensively. That is of the total of 321 (82%).

Of Glennon's 101 yards passing only 9 went to a WR, 19 between 2 TEs, and 73 went to RBs (along with 12 of his 15 completions).

I'm happy for the win, but we can't expect this to be a winning mentality. As a coach and GM, if you can't hold a QB accountable, you can't be looked at as competent professional with the TEAM's best interest at heart.

Good luck attracting any free agents with this kind of offense. Get rid of him, and back on the bench where he belongs.

For the most part, we had a good game.  It was nice to see Wheaton on the field, but he needs to learn how to catch the ball.  I saw him drop the ball a couple times.  For the second straight week, our special teams screwed up.  Do we need a new ST coach?  And Cooper, lets just say I can't say it on here.  Although I'm sure we all would have a few choice words for him.  Nice to see Shaheen catch a pass for a TD.  Was that his first catch as well?  I'm certain it is.  Get him involved in the passing game more.  We need the weapons, Howard and Cohen cant do it all by themselves.  Short week then a trip to GB.  I hope the momentum we got today carries over. 

On Cooper - one of the stupidest things I've ever seen anyone do in any sort of sports game, yes. But thought he actually had a really good game, cost us four points with that idiotic play but he might have earned them back with the pass breakup on Bryant on 3rd down after Glennon's pick.

Nice win despite another poor game from Glennon.  Either way you have to like the fact that we beat one of the better teams in the AFC and came within one play of beating the top team in the NFC right now in the Falcons.  The Bucs game is an anomaly right now for me until we see this team play more road games.

Defense was really good, especially Cooper and Fuller.  Boneheaded mistake on the blocked FG return but they won so it's a non factor.

Love the way Howard responded after going down a couple of times wit the shoulder injury.  That guy is a warrior.  Him and Cohen make an excellent 1-2 punch.  Kudos to Pace on those finds.

Also, Kyle Long returning didn't go unnoticed.  He makes a huge difference.  Hopefully Sitton can rejoin the team soon and the line gets back to being how it should be.

Going to be very tough to beat Packers on a short week in Lambeau but I expect the team to play better than they did last road game at Tampa.

That was really fun, watched with my 2 yr old and had a blast.  Shocked they won, they had some great plays and some horrible ones.  

Are last weeks Bears or yesterday's Bears the real team? Honestly can't figure them out.  

Old school football sure worked yesterday, but I kind of think the Steelers are not as good as they have been in recent memory.  Really don't see that working against other better teams, or am I wrong? 

Archived