FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Got a message from the Browns brass, and seriously, they tried to push the narrative that Da'Ron Payne was not being utilized properly in Washington. Respect for trying, but that is the biggest fake news I have seen in a long time....we have Tim Settle which might be who they meant, but we have no issues with Payne and how he has been utilized. Even so, he would be a 1st round take and maybe more. 

If i can't get a 1st for a premium edge rusher u shouldn't get a 1st for payne

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If i can't get a 1st for a premium edge rusher u shouldn't get a 1st for payne

Who are you overrating now? 

Lol Sandler GIF - Lol Sandler - Discover & Share GIFs

Funny thing is, I did not have Payne on the trading block nor had any intention of trading him. At this point what would I have gotten in return? 4,5,6,7 2020? Not enough for Payne. 

Edited by mike23md

Just now, LinderFournette said:

The de who out produced Joey bosa in the sane draft class yet was picked 2 rounds later. 

Just like the QB that out performed every other QB in NFL History but was taken in the 5 rounds after just about every other? 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yes but in this hypothetical game contracts dont matter

Eh, I don't really agree. It's sort of like future draft picks: we're (supposedly) making the moves that would be best for each franchise. Future picks and contracts are absolutely part of that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yes but in this hypothetical game contracts dont matter

Speak for yourself on that one, I've personally been taking it into account - I wouldn't have traded for Chris Jones had we not moved Anthony Harris first due to not being able to fit Jones under the cap.

• Like 1