FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

6 hours ago, JIllg said:

Agreed. I think he’s largely going to end up as Gronk-Lite because Gronk-Classic was a nasty YAC guy in addition to the aforementioned traits. I don’t think that’s ever going to be a part of Kmet’s skill set. But that’s fine! Gronk-Lite is a good place to be. 

Oh, don't worry.  Kmet in the Titans offense would surely find plenty of punishing YAC opportunities against the Jaguars second level as currently built.  Twice per year.  He'll learn the same way Henry did.  By obliterating bad Jaguars tacklers in embarrassing fashion.

• Like 1

57th Overall Pick of Curtis Weaver to the Houston Texans:

Grade - A

Teams here late in the second round are taking full advantage of the run on players with (in my opinion) less valuable skill sets earlier in the round. Curtis Weaver isn’t a looker - he even looked to be carrying around something of a gut at times. But the man is a terrifying pass rusher. His pass rush win percentage was in the absolute nonsense Chase Young class even if he played against lower competition. He’s got weird agility and slither for a bigger edge and takes advantage of players attempting to deal with his slips in and outside with his strength on bull rushes. 

58th Overall Pick of Prince Tega Wanogho to the Minnesota Vikings

Grade - B+

Wanogho is a tall, lean offensive tackle that was a solid pass blocker in college. His teammate, Jack Driscoll, was slightly better at one on one pass protection in college (not that it mattered much with Auburn’s backwards passing game concepts and Bo Nix), but both were good and Wanogho was the more effective run blocker. I think one of the two Auburn boys was the best offensive tackle left on the board. The offensive line was the critical piece that failed last year for the Vikings at the end of the season. It’s a good match. Wanogho joins my former draft crush Brian O’Neill as a matching bookend to protect Kirk Cousins. 

59th Overall Pick of Cam Akers to the Pittsburgh Steelers:

Grade - C+

Akers is up there with Jalen Reagor as a skill position guy that was difficult to evaluate at the college level because his supporting cast let him down. In Akers’ case, the Florida State offensive line has been legendarily bad while he has been there. I like Akers’ explosiveness and his hands were fine in college even if he didn’t do many interesting things as a route runner. Akers’ wiggle would be a nice complement for Conner’s strength and power. But there’s a particular running back that showed more valuable traits in college. And there were several players with solid grades at higher value positions still on the board. 

60th Overall Pick of Clyde Edwards-Helaire to the Buffalo Bills:

Grade - B

This is the running back that I had the highest grade on in the draft. He does the things that can allow a running back to get value that isn’t blocked for by his offensive line. He breaks a ton of tackles, as his jump cuts and stubbily strong lower body are very difficult to deal with. He adds more than just a little value as a receiver - when you spread him out, he runs every route, has great hands, and his short area quickness again shows up as he explodes away from linebackers on route cuts. After the Diggs trade, the Bills have one of the most complete rosters in the NFL. They can make such a luxury pick if they so choose. I think that I would have looked at Noah Igbinoghene first here as a bookend to Tre’Davious White. But this is a solid pick. 

• Like 1