FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Pretty clean swap here with 9ers valuing Breida as essentially 6th round pick. Way to get value for him. Seems like a good move here for both teams, initially. 

With Coleman committed to the roster for 2020, Breida became expendable. Plus, he was in the Shanahan doghouse after the fumbles against the Saints, Falcons, and Vikings in the divisional game.

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

With Coleman committed to the roster for 2020, Breida became expendable. Plus, he was in the Shanahan doghouse after the fumbles against the Saints, Falcons, and Vikings in the divisional game.

That’s a lot of teams they played in the divisional game.

37th Overall Pick of Ross Blacklock to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Grade - B-

Man, TCU defensive lineman are always annoying to evaluate. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks! Anyhow, TCU stunts their front on so many snaps that getting a read of who is good at pass rushing independent of said stunts is difficult to ascertain. Blacklock is a slithery, bursty pass rusher that wins through quickness. I love those kind of guys! Plus, the Bucs need a true 3T to pair with the 1T nightmare that is Vita Vea. My only problem with Blacklock is that Jordan Elliott is a very similar player who did win one on ones a lot at the college level and can therefore be projected to play well earlier with less risk. 

38th Overall Pick of Terrell Lewis to the New York Giants:

Grade - C-

I do lot like this fit very much at all.  Lewis is a plus athlete with no real A move, much less an array of counters at the college level. He wins with quickness and arm length, but the arm length guys like Gross-Matos and Okwara have darn near 35 inch arms. Lewis has no such asset. He’s an interesting piece on teams like the Belichick clones or on the Ravens where he could be a versatile chess piece, but on the Giants, I think you’d see a lot of him running into offensive tackles, getting stoned by longer arms, waiting for the counter move that will never come. 

39th Overall Pick of Justin Madubuike to the Tennessee Titans:

Grade - B

Madubuike is not my favorite defensive line type still left on the board (my thoughts on this subject having already been expressed), but he fits well with the Titans. They already have a nasty penetrating primary inside pass rusher in Jeffery Simmons. Madubuike is better against the run, where he uses his strength and instincts to disrupt backfields. He can stay on the field on passing downs, but I don’t think that he’s ever going to be a real difference maker there. Overall, a solid pick. 

40th Overall Pick of Tee Higgins to the Houston Texans:

Grade - Fire Bill O’Brien / A

Tee Higgins is a nice football player. He reminds me of slightly older Brandon Marshall after he lost the YAC talent or Alston Jeffery. He can threaten vertically with his long speed while being absolutely deadly on back shoulder stuff. He meshes well with the Texans’ other weapons on offense, though they still could use a slot and tight end to work the middle of the field while Fuller takes the top off and Higgins works the sidelines. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1