FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't get the love for Taylor. It's a good pick, but dude has a lot mileage on him already, doesn't catch and has real, legitimate fumbling concerns that doesn't translate well at the frequency with which he does it. 

I like him quite a bit but he was for sure my #4 RB in this draft before Etienne went back to school.   For me it was Dobbins, Etienne, Swift, Taylor, Hyde.    If Taylor got an X+ there then Dobbins deserved that if not better 2 picks later from the Rams.  Im still not sure he Falcons don't look at a RB in round 2 in the real draft but i think we got bigger needs so im not expecting it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I don't get the love for Taylor. It's a good pick, but dude has a lot mileage on him already, doesn't catch and has real, legitimate fumbling concerns that doesn't translate well at the frequency with which he does it. 

I'm with u on the touches. I'm not convinces he can't catch he just didn't in college. 
The value was just obscene at 50. He might not pan out... I think he has a much better shot than some of the recent UW backs.
If I'm KC that's my 3rd pick and I've afforded myself the luxury of taking a hack on a guy like that.  

49th Overall Pick of Brandon Aiyuk to the Detroit Lions:

Grade - A

I really like Brandon Aiyuk. That shouldn’t be a surprise given previous commentary. He explodes on slant plays invalidating pursuit angles from defensive backs and has film that includes highlights where he just leaves dudes from Michigan State ten yards in the dust on double moves. Plus, he is a complement to all the things the Lions are doing in the intermediate areas of the field and Stafford can be expected to not underthrow him! *chef’s kiss*

50th Pick of Jonathan Taylor to the Kansas City Chiefs:

Grade - B- 

*Gets tarred and feathered - this is his clucked out response* Jonathan Taylor is a special running back. He was a dominant college football player. He’s an amazing athlete. But he fumbles. And he can’t catch. I’m a 49ers fan. I loved Matt Breida. He was an amazing muscle hamster athlete. He attained the highest top speed in the NFL last year while smoking the Cleveland Browns on the first play from scrimmage. But he fumbled. And he couldn’t catch. Second round picks are valuable assets. I’d love 3T here to replace the unholy demon that was Chris Jones killing the 49ers. Marlon Davidson and Jordan Elliott would help fill the gap. But, hey, Taylor will gash some fools for a couple of years on light boxes, get an obnoxiously large contract with a stupid team like (rolls wheel) the Jets, and earn a compensation pick for the Chiefs troubles that they can use to torture us all some more. 

51st Pick of Kyle Dugger to the Atlanta Falcons:

Grade - B+

And here’s the other of the SPARQ heroes. I like Dugger more than Chinn for reasons mentioned previously. I think that he can be a quality box safety and dime linebacker for the Falcons. I do wonder if there are more valuable assets on the board. Strong safety is one of those places where you can find good value later in the draft. But I like the player so much that I’m okay with it. 

52nd Pick of J.K. Dobbins to the Los Angeles Rams:

Grade - C+

Here’s another of the running backs. The analytic models why you shouldn’t invest heavily in them are all over the place. Pick your own white paper! Or take a look at the Los Angeles Rams. They had one of the very best offensive lines in the league and wonked on folks. They had one of the very worst and didn’t. Even in the playoffs, they wonked on folks with old man C.J. Anderson as long as they had the appropriate offensive line. Dobbins was a very fun player to watch in college. He’ll fit pretty well with what they do in the run game (though he’s more of an inside zone/gap guy). But he’s another one that has never run routes or really caught anything. And he’s not the absurd home run threat that Taylor is. Plus, the Rams have very real needs. Like offensive linemen! I’ve heard they open holes for running backs. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JIllg said:

51st Pick of Kyle Dugger to the Atlanta Falcons:

Grade - B+

And here’s the other of the SPARQ heroes. I like Dugger more than Chinn for reasons mentioned previously. I think that he can be a quality box safety and dime linebacker for the Falcons. I do wonder if there are more valuable assets on the board. Strong safety is one of those places where you can find good value later in the draft. But I like the player so much that I’m okay with it. 

Dugger fits here more as a nickel. But his man coverage skills make him a great fit at dimebacker and SS in Dime when we move Neal to LB in those sets. Freak athlete with more talent than originally thought. 

Just now, scar988 said:

Dugger fits here more as a nickel. But his man coverage skills make him a great fit at dimebacker and SS in Dime when we move Neal to LB in those sets. Freak athlete with more talent than originally thought. 

For me if for no other reason we now have a 100% legit player to cover for Neal if he doesn't come back the player he was 2 years ago and if we don't bring him back next offseason.  Plus someone we can rely on to play SS and not be out of position like Rico and Kazee was. 

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

For me if for no other reason we now have a 100% legit player to cover for Neal if he doesn't come back the player he was 2 years ago and if we don't bring him back next offseason.  Plus someone we can rely on to play SS and not be out of position like Rico and Kazee was. 

Will also allow us more cover 2/4 looks with Morris as DC 

7 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Interesting! Thanks for the info. I’m not sure his ceiling is as high as a nickel and there are other players that probably fit that specific role better, but he can do a bit of everything well and be a jack of all trades useful piece. I still like the value where he was taken.

Just now, JIllg said:

Interesting! Thanks for the info. I’m not sure his ceiling is as high as a nickel and there are other players that probably fit that specific role better, but he can do a bit of everything well and be a jack of all trades useful piece. I still like the value where he was taken.

Nickel if everyone is healthy and depth SS. But after this year, probably starting SS and Neal loves to LB full time. 

27 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

LIS I like the player, just think he's a little overhyped rn.

That's an A pick in the 3rd

I would take him in the 2nd over Delpit 100 times. His versatility for us is pretty valuable. Jackson can do what he did in Houston and play both S and CB. Chinn can play SS and LB (way better coverage than any of our LBs) and we can use 3 S sets more often. You don't wait to secure a guy like him.

I'm not overly sure he will be available at 46 IRL.

8 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I would take him in the 2nd over Delpit 100 times. His versatility for us is pretty valuable. Jackson can do what he did in Houston and play both S and CB. Chinn can play SS and LB (way better coverage than any of our LBs) and we can use 3 S sets more often. You don't wait to secure a guy like him.

I'm not overly sure he will be available at 46 IRL.

I'd take him at 53 for the Eagles and love it. He is S 3 right behind McKinney and Delpit

• Like 1