FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

On 4/6/2020 at 3:51 PM, JIllg said:

62nd Overall Pick of Lucas Niang to the Green Bay Packers:

Grade - B

Niang is a fascinating athlete - he towers over most people at a full 6’6”. He has super long arms and anchors well against bull rushes. I like the way that he identifies stunts and blitzes. He is a real menace in the run game. He looks every bit of the part getting off the plane and in some passing snaps. But his pass sets are really raw and he got beaten more on a per snap basis than a couple of the players still available. It’s late enough where drafting such a high upside ball of clay at the position could be worth it, but I still prefer tackles that have protected at a higher level in college when asked to. Still a solid pick. 

Here's what PFF had to say about Niang in reference to pass protection:

"Niang’s pass sets won’t win beauty contests, but they somehow get the job done consistently. On 1,027 pass-blocking snaps in his career, Niang has allowed only 32 pressures."

Edited by MaximusGluteus

San Francisco 49ers: 82nd Overall: Jordan Elliott: A

I'm confused about the lack of love for this guy. He's an explosive, big boy. 
Looks like he should have an action figure (with swivel here, here, and hereeee). 
Good production, better upside.

Denver Broncos: 83rd Overall: Ben Bartch: B

Good enough value here.
I've come to terms with the Broncos and Jags picks. They know who their guys are and they go after them. 
Those guys usually aren't my guys... but I give them all the mad phat superfly stupid dope dumbass bomb **** props for doing what they're doing. 
I liked some other OT better. Bartch has high enough upside. 

Los Angeles Rams: 84th Overall: Matt Hennessy: A

Rams take the best guy available. He fits them like tailored suit. 
Another great pick. Ho hum.

Baltimore Ravens: 85th Overall: Raekwon Davis: A

Raekwon could be an all-pro. I like him better than their last two picks. Like not just in this slot. Overall. These guys aren't supposed to be available at 85. 
HO HUMMMMMMMMMMM

Buffalo Bills: 86th Overall: Bradlee Anae: A-

I like Anae better in a 3-4 but that might be because I want him on my team. He's another draft crush. 
I know some people are lower on him than I am but I don't care. I might buy a jersey anyway. He's gonna be a fan favorite.

New England Patriots: 87th Overall: Jacob Eason: B+

Based on Love's free fall I was anticipating Eason being available in the 5th. 
I was actually really curious to see which QB was coming off next. My money was on Hurts. 
I like Eason better for the Pats.

Edited by festiveonion
Stupidity
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Niang changed his drop back footwork to compensate for a hip labrum injury, if he’s healthy, the footwork can be ironed out. 

Everything I've read so far is that he'll be healthy in 2020.  He won't be playing right away anyway, and ideally he'll sit for a year unless Wagner ends up sucking.

16 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

San Francisco 49ers: 82nd Overall: Jordan Elliott: A

I'm confused about the lack of love for this guy. He's an explosive, big boy. 
Looks like he should have an action figure (with swivel here, here, and hereeee). 
Good production, better upside.

We honestly were very confused by his lack of love. We thought we were goingn to have to trade up for him after we lost our other guy that we wanted and he just didn't seem to be getting a lot of love. 

Got a message from the Browns brass, and seriously, they tried to push the narrative that Da'Ron Payne was not being utilized properly in Washington. Respect for trying, but that is the biggest fake news I have seen in a long time....we have Tim Settle which might be who they meant, but we have no issues with Payne and how he has been utilized. Even so, he would be a 1st round take and maybe more.