FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Gentlemen.

The Ravens have Matt Judon on the block after franchise tagging him for the 2020 season. I haven't inquired, and I'm not sure of the asking price, but he has had quite the career, and would be a very good starting DE across from Flowers. If we could toss them a 3rd round pick (again, not saying they'd accept), would that interest the group?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/matt-judon-baltimore-ravens-2020-free-agent

Just kicking tires. Thoughts?

Yes

4 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Article stated his production may have been inflated due to bitzing. Mp doesn’t blitz. You think he’d have the same effect here? It’s definitely worth kicking tires on.

True. I imagine he'd play a DE role in a 4-3 variation of Patricia's defense, lining up across from Flowers. He would have the versatility to stand up, which is a plus.

@Sllim Pickens  @Karnage84  @LionArkie  @BigC421/  @Louis Friend  @Lionized  @davisblack  @Bishop86

Gentlemen. I could use some feedback.

So, I've been messing around with an idea as of late. Hear me out.

If we were able to trade #67 for Matthew Judon, who would line up at DE in 4-3 looks and could stand up opposite of Jamie Collins on 3-4 looks, I would request that BAL toss in a mid-late 4th round pick (#134) in the deal. This gives Judon early-mid 3rd round value (around the 11th pick in the 3rd round), fills our need at starting DE and adds another quality, versatile piece on the DLine.

Then...

We could try and flip pick #134 to the Chargers for Mr. Forrest Lamp. (Or even an earlier 4th, requesting a later pick back in the deal, and still have two 4th round picks.)

We would essentially be turning pick #67 into a starting DE and starting OG. (It's not saying much that Lamp would be a starting OG for us... we have close to nothing at the position. Despite his injuries, he'd be an upgrade, and is worth a shot.)

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Disregard. They want #67 straight up. That's significant value for a 28 year old that needs a big contract and has a $16M cap hit (tag).

I'm no longer interested.

(In addition, the Chargers want mid-late 3rd round value for Forrest Lamp. Two serious injuries and 9 total games during his previous 3 years. Not feeling that either.)

Sorry guys. False alarm.

• Like 2

So: Blacklock went with pick #37, and Ruiz went with pick #36. Had we gone Blacklock at #35 (or his position), that could've left us without Ruiz. Interesting.

(I am in no way saying this to try and argue that trading up was the right decision. Just pointing out that Ruiz went between our #35 and #37, and how frustrating that could have been had we wanted him.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Article stated his production may have been inflated due to bitzing. Mp doesn’t blitz. You think he’d have the same effect here? It’s definitely worth kicking tires on.

I posted something similar in the Jags forum about him and the blitzing. It's a concern if you aren't a heavy blitz team. 

• Like 1

@Sllim Pickens. @Karnage84. @LionArkie. @BigC421/. @Louis Friend. @Bishop86. @davisblack. @Lionized

Hey guys. Good "morning".

The Ravens would like to know how we feel about Judon for #85 straight up. (It's the Slay pick from PHI.) Lets put it to a vote.

My thoughts: the difference in value between #67 and #85 is a comp 3rd pick of it's own. Big value. I don't think we'll be able to find a player at #85 that can step right in and apply pressure in the same way that Judon can. He played DE (and some situational DT) in college, so starting him at DE wouldn't be out of position for him. He also provides the versatility to stand and rush. In base sets, we'd have Flowers - Kinlaw - Shelton - Judon. That's a very, very good DLine.

We could say that he signed a 3 year, $51M contract, heavily front-loaded to give us an out before year 3.

Bonus: he's from West Bloomfield, so we'd be bringing him home.

If we wanted to accumulate another 4th round pick, we could trade down from #67 to about the #78 range: that's where the value justifies receiving a 4th in return.

Lastly, it would essentially mean that we traded Slay (29 year old "Pro Bowl" CB) for Judon (27 year old "Pro Bowl' edge) and a 5th round pick, then added Okudah at CB. I think that's good business. (We will not be able to lower this offer and still get him.)

I vote 'yea'. 

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway