2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Well we still pick 4th. I was really hoping the Giants were going to pull that off

Plus, the SoS has swung so either SF or NYG can win 1 more game and move ahead of us.   HUGE turn of events.

First things first - keep losing.  Home to NYJ next.    We can do it.  One game at a time.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Seems unrelated but worth noting here....

Why?  Well, the G-men's chances of playing better post-firing and actually trying go way up  when the team's given up and revolted agains the HC like we see NYG doing with McAdoo - you see it all the time.  McCoy didn't really generate that type of antipathy and really he wasn't the problem, as we can all see - just the fall guy.  But in NYG they are insanely mad about the whole Eli benching, and the D had already had multiple suspensions for arguments with the coaching staff.   So a huge bump in their play is very possible IMO.

NYG plays DAL, PHI, ARI & WAS.  PHI losing to SEA sucks, because that game will still have meaning, but W's vs. DAL/ARI/WAS are all possible if that team is back to 100 percent effort.

On the same note, we really have to hang on to everyone on the coaching staff - no chance of a post-firing bump in play.  Just keep losing.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The dream is still alive. 

We have to do our part, though.  4 more to go, 1 at a time.  NYJ next.

I understand wanting a higher draft pick, but losing breeds a lot of negatives in an organization. Rooting for your team to tank is pathetic. Just my opinion. Hope that top 5 pick busts just because fans want to tank for it. 

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I understand wanting a higher draft pick, but losing breeds a lot of negatives in an organization. Rooting for your team to tank is pathetic. Just my opinion. Hope that top 5 pick busts just because fans want to tank for it. 

We'll agree too disagree.  Wanting to tank speaks nothing about my fandom ore anyone elses. A higher draft pick means historically a better chance of yielding a franchise altering player preferably a qb. 

Rooting for tanking as a fan to me rooting for the future of the Broncos. Rather then rooting for the present when winning accomplishes nothing. And losing does brink a funk over the organization  but as long as the right coach is brought in there's still  plenty of guys left from the superbowl to change the losing culture.

I don't really agree with Palooka on this, but he did make me think about the possible adverse effects of losing out. Obviously a shot at the #3 pick is hugeeee and could be franchise altering.....But if you lost out and don't stay competitive - there is a chance that guys want out.

I think it's been kept under wraps, but I've heard rumblings that Sanders definitely wants out. Not surprising and don't blame him. I think guys like CHJ, Von, and Wolfe are viewed as loyal Broncos, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that CHJ and Wolfe express a desire to leave this offseason if the team continues to embarrass itself down the stretch. Obviously players don't have much power in the NFL and trades with good players have traditionally been pretty rare, but just something that could happen. Not likely, but possible. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If Denver was an organization in which losing was constant, I would agree with you. But since it's not, I'm not concerned. People wanted this same thing to happen in 2011 when we drafted Von Miller. It worked out for the best.

Just now, broncos67 said:

If Denver was an organization in which losing was constant, I would agree with you. But since it's not, I'm not concerned. People wanted this same thing to happen in 2011 when we drafted Von Miller. It worked out for the best.

I think culture is incredibly important to an organization, but we're kinda past the point of no return at this point. And it's not like we have any young talent that needs to learn how to play the right way or anything like that. Looks like it's going to be a hard re-set this offseason organizationally 

Just now, champ11 said:

I don't really agree with Palooka on this, but he did make me think about the possible adverse effects of losing out. Obviously a shot at the #3 pick is hugeeee and could be franchise altering.....But if you lost out and don't stay competitive - there is a chance that guys want out.

I think it's been kept under wraps, but I've heard rumblings that Sanders definitely wants out. Not surprising and don't blame him. I think guys like CHJ, Von, and Wolfe are viewed as loyal Broncos, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that CHJ and Wolfe express a desire to leave this offseason if the team continues to embarrass itself down the stretch. Obviously players don't have much power in the NFL and trades with good players have traditionally been pretty rare, but just something that could happen. Not likely, but possible. 

I mean, Sanders is a diva anyway. There's more than a few whispers about how much people like him in the locker room (spoiler: he's rumored to not be the most popular player). Losing only exacerbates these kind of things. I think some of people's personal beef gets amplified when a team is losing too. Wolfe, for example, was definitely at odds with teammates over the kneel vs. stand debate. He wears MAGA hats in the locker room. I am confident that in a winning environment, guys deal with it, but in a losing environment, all of that stuff gets put on the table.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The damage is done I agree that players especially good ones wanna compete for the post season in December and not 3 and 9. But whether we win 4 straight or lost 4 straight it's not gonna change their mind.

1 minute ago, broncos67 said:

I mean, Sanders is a diva anyway. There's more than a few whispers about how much people like him in the locker room (spoiler: he's rumored to not be the most popular player). 

If I had to deal with what he's had to for 2 years I would be trying to get the efffffffffff outta here any way possible lol 

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

If I had to deal with what he's had to for 2 years I would be trying to get the efffffffffff outta here any way possible lol 

To be fair he might the problem behind his personal life too.  Hard to say where his head is at except that it’s possibly a distraction for him. 

Re: losing culture that’s an issue when teams keep losing year in and year out.  We are fine.   

Archived