Defensive needs

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Kyler Murry, was the OROY, and rushed for more yards by any QB not named Lamar Jackson.....OK, that's not enough for you to worry about....Its enough for me to be concerned with.  Allen still struggles, but did you know he has run for more Carrer Td's than Nick Chubb....

First it was only 1 or 2 to worry about now were up to 7-8 AB's potentially (25 + 7= 32, just showing my math). I am not only talking about what's happening now, but also being in position to adjust to new trends coming all the time now.....think about how we hear about a new offense every 2-3 seasons.....last time Is a Defensive innovation that worked, was the Tampa 2.

I understand what you are saying, I am simply suggesting that with the NFL changing so much, with rules, and offense. etc.....there hasnt been much modifications at the same pace on D....and somebody's gotta start doing it. Not saying that is us. Just saying why not us? Especially while we are so young in our blueprint. Its not like asking Pittsburge to go a 4-3 from the 3-4......

What are the chance the Browns are going to face the Cardinals in the superbowl? Yeah not worrying about Murry

Has Allen learned how to be a threat with his arm? Bills are all about their run game and their defense. 

Also you math is wrong because you shouldnt be using 32. Why are your concerning the Browns defense with their own QB. There are 32 QBs in the NFL but only 31 that you have to worry about as a defense

Its 7-8 to you, to me its 3 because I forgot about Watson. Its 3 to me because I only worry about QB that will be a road block in the playoffs but again im not going to build a defense to stop one mobile QB

NFL rules are changing but its not going to spring to offense going to all these extremely mobile QBs. Just not going to happen. Rules are going to favor the pocket passer because if you barely touch them you will get flagged. Mobile guys dont get that love. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Also you math is wrong because you shouldnt be using 32. Why are your concerning the Browns defense with their own QB. There are 32 QBs in the NFL but only 31 that you have to worry about as a defense

To be fair, it’s typically been the Browns QB that’s been the biggest road block to winning.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Translation he could not beat out one of the worst guards in Kush.

Do you not remember the praise Forbes was getting towards the end of preseason. Plenty of beat reports thought Forbes might be able to take over the RG position in a few more weeks as he transitions more into the NFL but suffers a knee injury in the last preseason game that forced him to the IR. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What are the chance the Browns are going to face the Cardinals in the superbowl? Yeah not worrying about Murry

Has Allen learned how to be a threat with his arm? Bills are all about their run game and their defense. 

Its 7-8 to you, to me its 3 because I forgot about Watson. Its 3 to me because I only worry about QB that will be a road block in the playoffs but again im not going to build a defense to stop one mobile QB

NFL rules are changing but its not going to spring to offense going to all these extremely mobile QBs. Just not going to happen. Rules are going to favor the pocket passer because if you barely touch them you will get flagged. Mobile guys dont get that love. 

Ok, your dug in and will see things your way, no need to even consider another angle.

I am also not "All in" on the idea mentioned, it was mentioned as a What IF, to spark the mind moving in different angles.

We must agree to disagree, but I respect your opinion. I just differ from it. Never change for the sake of change....but this is a truism in life to me

DampSnarlingAssassinbug-max-1mb.gif

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Do you not remember the praise Forbes was getting towards the end of preseason. Plenty of beat reports thought Forbes might be able to take over the RG position in a few more weeks as he transitions more into the NFL but suffers a knee injury in the last preseason game that forced him to the IR. 

His athleticism and skillset make him a perfect ZBS guard.

50 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Translation he could not beat out one of the worst guards in Kush.

David Njoku could not beat out Ricky Seals-Jones.

Rashard Higgins could not beat out Khadarel Hodge.

Maybe we don't worry about who got playing time last year because the coaching staff were obviously idiots.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

History says 0-54 so far...

glad to see you on.

If there is 3 tackles come off before we draft do you see anyways baker can stay upright for the season.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

History says 0-54 so far...

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

glad to see you on.

If there is 3 tackles come off before we draft do you see anyways baker can stay upright for the season.

It depends on which 3. I'm confident in both Thomas and Wills, in that order, being Franchise LT. I'm optimistic about Wirfs as an OT, and VERY CONFIDENT in his OG ability. I have zero confidence in Becton. I'm also optimistic that with Conklin, if he's healthy and we can get an average/replacement level LT for a year or two, Baker will be more than upright this year:

LT (Average starter) Bitonio     Tretter         RG (average starter)        Conklin

That is a solid looking OL, and if we can land a legit stud OT at #10, I love the offense as a whole. Pro Bowl TE, RB, 2 WR, and one of the better OL in the NFL. If Baker can't succeed with that, then he can't succeed at all IMO.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

David Njoku could not beat out Ricky Seals-Jones.

Rashard Higgins could not beat out Khadarel Hodge.

Maybe we don't worry about who got playing time last year because the coaching staff were obviously idiots.

Has Higgins signed a contract yet with anybody yet

Ricky seals did let's see if Njoku does 

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

My reason for not being overally optimistic about this team is we gave away 100 more points than Baltimore then we gave away Schubert. 

The 200 fewer points scored were a bigger reason. We were supposed to be an offensive powerhouse and that didn't come close to happening. We couldn't tackle on defense and that's a problem playing from behind but our offense was supposed to let our defense attack and they failed to put them in that position.

Our line was garbage and we didn't call plays that would allow you to succeed with a garbage line.

• Like 1