Defensive needs

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Saw a tweet today that Wilson is projected to go much sooner than people think. Mid 2nd round type of guy so if the Browns want him, they will likely have to spend their 2nd. Also, given the nerd front office we have, this is exactly the type of pick I think they would be salivating over with those PFF grades.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Logan Wilson would be a great selection. 

5 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

It depends on which LB we are looking for 

If we are looking for someone to play the mike my choices would be

Logan Wilson- Wyoming

Shaq Quarterman- Miami

Jordan Brooks- Texas Tech

Malik Harrison- Ohio St.

I'd take any of these guys in the 3rd or 4th and be happy. 

42 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Logan Wilson would be a great selection. 

I'd take any of these guys in the 3rd or 4th and be happy. 

I am thinking because we have an extreme need at LB......folks are going to be tempted to want to reach for a player at position of need and pass on a superior talent at a position where we could use some help.

BJ Goodson has been solid kid since he was at Lamar (He's a SC kid, my home state), he is a 2 down run stopping type of LB.  He will be a credit to specials teams, and he is a good Locker Room guy.

I think (or should I say, I would) we spend picks in rounds 6 and 7 on some LB's to rebuild the Corps...I think some solid prospects will be available (ILB's: Woodard Utah St., S. Quaterman Miami, Evan Weaver cal., Logan Wilson Wyo., Marcus Baily purdue, , Shaun Bradley Temp), (OLB's: Tipa Galeai Utah St., Pickney Miami, Bryce Huff Memphis, Davion Taylor Colo., Lucier-South UCLA)

Willie Harvey who was on our PS for the first part of the year, and then played really well on ST's the 2nd half of the year. I remember him at Iowa St., he really held that D together. But he is a pure 4-3 MLB, with not much versatility....I'd like to see him in year 2.

Not a big fan on how they constructed that team if there guard gets injured we would be drafting top ten and would have waisted 3 years of Mayfield 

and Chubb.

What is your view of Graves had he come out this year he would be the 37 slowest tight end is that slow.

43 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Not a big fan on how they constructed that team if there guard gets injured we would be drafting top ten and would have waisted 3 years of Mayfield 

and Chubb.

What is your view of Graves had he come out this year he would be the 37 slowest tight end is that slow.

If the browns are going to be an outside/wide zone team, you really don’t need stellar guards. Having a good guard will help you but having just ok to adequate guard play won’t truly hold you back. It’s more so about tackle play. Where you need the FS being able to set the edge and hooking the end man and having the BS being able to reach that 3tech if he is to his side or being able to handle any BS LB/DE exchange responsibilities.