Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

8 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

That's ridiculous money for Coutinho IMO.  Pretty sure that makes him one of the most expensive transfers in history.  He is a very nice offensive player, but not cream of the crop.

Coutinho has improved a lot in the last two years. He isn't as inconsistent as he was were he would  score bangers and then go invisible for the rest of the game. There are not a lot of players in the world that can create chances out of nowhere like he does and those players come at a premium. I think he will do really well at Barcelona and cement himself as a world class player. 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You think Barkley and Matic are at similar levels of talent? (obviously in their respective roles/positions).

Talent? Yeah. In fact Barkley has more tools to work with. Matic is limited. Still pretty good player but Barkleys potential is there and is a more useful player for us right now than Matic would be 

38 minutes ago, TomRalph said:

If Coutinho becomes one of the best players in the world, I still don't think Liverpool can scoff at the transfer fee recouped for him.

I don't know how the Arsenal bid was structured, but didn't Arsenal offer £90m for Lemar in the summer. If that is all guaranteed, almost all of our guaranteed Coutinho money will go to Lemar which is crazy because in my opinion, right now Coutinho is a better player. 

It's just going to be difficult to replace Coutinho. I don't think any price tag would have made me happy with the sale. 

Edited by dotmotion

56 minutes ago, TomRalph said:

Also, if they use that money to get Jan Oblak and Thomas Lemar, then that's a great deal. 

1) Why on earth would Oblak go to Liverpool when PSG is constantly after him? Not to mentioned that Atletico is a better team
2) Coutinho's fee alone wouldn't cover both those transfers unless Monaco has reduced their asking price for Lemar since the summer

49 minutes ago, drd23 said:

1) Why on earth would Oblak go to Liverpool when PSG is constantly after him? Not to mentioned that Atletico is a better team
2) Coutinho's fee alone wouldn't cover both those transfers unless Monaco has reduced their asking price for Lemar since the summer

Just read this is all...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool-tipped-to-invest-coutinho-windfall-on-new-50m-keeper

13 hours ago, dotmotion said:

I don't know how the Arsenal bid was structured, but didn't Arsenal offer £90m for Lemar in the summer. If that is all guaranteed, almost all of our guaranteed Coutinho money will go to Lemar which is crazy because in my opinion, right now Coutinho is a better player. 

It's just going to be difficult to replace Coutinho. I don't think any price tag would have made me happy with the sale. 

I also don't see why Monaco should let Lemar go at this stage in a WC year. Besides, I'm not really convinced by him or any other option right now either. It's just not good to sell your best player midseason. We've just had a very good period of games and now this pulls us down again. If we miss out on the Top 4 now the backlash will be huge.

14 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I also don't see why Monaco should let Lemar go at this stage in a WC year. Besides, I'm not really convinced by him or any other option right now either. It's just not good to sell your best player midseason. We've just had a very good period of games and now this pulls us down again. If we miss out on the Top 4 now the backlash will be huge.

Yeah you’re one injury away from serious problems. I think somebody like Fekir would be a great replacement but getting him now is a hard task.

RE: Coutinho money; it's only partly to do with the player, really. The market sets the value and price. Nike has got their fingers in it as well. At this stage, we ought to ignore price tags. In terms of his level of play, this season (with head being turned) I'd have him behind;

KDB, Silva, Salah, Erisken, Kane, DDG, Sterling. Maybe he fits in around here. 

Edited by Hunter2_1