Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Not sure where we would fit him.

I'm not sure either to be honest. Especially considering he wants to leave Barca for more first team minutes. He'd be great cover for Matic or Pogba in the midfiled, and he's not going to beat out Valencia for the right back spot either. I'd say if playing time is what he's after then Chelsea are the team that can offer it to him since we're decimated in the midfield right now and don't really have any true right backs in the squad other than Azpi who never plays right back.

All this talk about Chambo has been about him wanting to leave because he wants consistent playing time, wants a chance to feature as a central midfielder, etc... so it'll be a bit funny if he ends up moving to Chelsea where he'll occupy the exact same role he plays for Arsenal - versatile cover across a number of positions with the most likely playing time coming at the wingback positions. He's sure as hell not being targeted by Chelsea to slot directly into their midfield 2 alongside Kante. 

I know every player has to pretend that them moving to new clubs is about all of these other things rather than most directly about money but still, this one will be annoying. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

All this talk about Chambo has been about him wanting to leave because he wants consistent playing time, wants a chance to feature as a central midfielder, etc... so it'll be a bit funny if he ends up moving to Chelsea where he'll occupy the exact same role he plays for Arsenal - versatile cover across a number of positions with the most likely playing time coming at the wingback positions. He's sure as hell not being targeted by Chelsea to slot directly into their midfield 2 alongside Kante. 

I know every player has to pretend that them moving to new clubs is about all of these other things rather than most directly about money but still, this one will be annoying. 

Better chance to win trophies + CL football on top of $$$$ if he goes to Chelsea

21 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No clue whatsoever. This must be to give them a better chance to win CL.

Lets see if Wenger as strong willed as he thinks he is. 

I doubt it on the CL front. Their defense is still suspect, until proven otherwise.