Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

11 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Mourinho needs to get over his hatred of Luke Shaw and give him a consistent chance. 

It's so frustrating watching him constantly berate Shaw and Martial!! 

Agreed. Spurs should take Shaw and 30+ milliom for Rose. Rose is obviosly disgruntled and angling for a move. Shaw has the potential to be better than Rose. Under Poch he would blossom again.

I know that player swaps quite literally never happen, but Rose for Shaw and cash makes too much sense, for everyone involved. Rose gets to go back North and get a huge pay rise. Spurs get a young replacement and a heap of cash. Mourinho and United get a star left back. Shaw gets to leave Mourinho and work with Poch again. Finally, Poch gets the player who he once described as one of the worlds best.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, providing the cash sum is large. I'm guessing it's the only way a deal is struck. We aren't going into the season with only Ben Davies at LB.

Dembele doing an 'Odemwingie', apparently he has travelled to Barcelona on his own hoping for a transfer to materialize, but I'm pretty confident actually that he will share Odemwingie's fate and all that theater will lead to nothing. Would be kind of funny if Barca can't sign neither Coutinho nor Dembele this summer.

1 hour ago, AustrianNiner said:

Dembele doing an 'Odemwingie', apparently he has travelled to Barcelona on his own hoping for a transfer to materialize, but I'm pretty confident actually that he will share Odemwingie's fate and all that theater will lead to nothing. Would be kind of funny if Barca can't sign neither Coutinho nor Dembele this summer.

Hope to see Dembele in a 90s Fiesta sitting outside Barcelona airport. 

Danny Rose: I'm prepared to leave Spurs unless they pay me what I'm worth. 

I guess he is on a 30k a week... Damn Levy is so cheap lol.

I could see this becoming a problem for all the players for them soon. Walker goes to City and earns 130k a week, and Rose is better.

11 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I could see this becoming a problem for all the players for them soon. Walker goes to City and earns 130k a week, and Rose is better.

Think it's 65k? 

Sad that football has come to this. Don't know how Rose can survive on that. 

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Levy is smart. There's a wage structure for a reason. 

14 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Mourinho needs to get over his hatred of Luke Shaw and give him a consistent chance. 

It's so frustrating watching him constantly berate Shaw and Martial!! 

It's not just frustrating for you.  Particularly since (while I'm loathe to believe most people claiming to be ITK's, there are a few folks that, where Arsenal are concerned, I do believe more than most when they speak to what's gone on behind closed doors at the club) I've read/heard from people I've come to trust that Wenger effectively had a handshake offer in place with Jardim and Monaco to buy Martial (who Wenger had been tracking since he was 12) the year after van Gaal and you lot came for him - but that when that kind of offer was put on the table there was no way to expect Monaco to turn it down.

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

It's not just frustrating for you.  Particularly since (while I'm loathe to believe most people claiming to be ITK's, there are a few folks that, where Arsenal are concerned, I do believe more than most when they speak to what's gone on behind closed doors at the club) I've read/heard from people I've come to trust that Wenger effectively had a handshake offer in place with Jardim and Monaco to buy Martial (who Wenger had been tracking since he was 12) the year after van Gaal and you lot came for him - but that when that kind of offer was put on the table there was no way to expect Monaco to turn it down.

Lol Wenger claims to have had handshake offer/deal with almost everybody... Ronaldo, Ibra, Messi, Pogba. Here is the link for the starting 11:

https://www.balls.ie/football/nearly-signed-arsene-wenger-xi-190685