Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, dotmotion said:

I feel like Southampton would rather sell to Chelsea for less than to sell him to Liverpool after our tapping up fiasco. Hopefully I am wrong but even with this transfer request, I am not hopeful that we will end up with van Dijk

Edit Why am I back to only one post?

Yeah, I'd say we could certainly play the 'lesser of two evils' role in the van Dijk transfer.

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Weird, whenever I paste the link it just stays as a url. 

Sometimes you might need to click the "Remove formatting" link that pops up in the black bar in the reply box when you paste a twitter link

3 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Barcelona have reached an agreement with Liverpool to sign Philippe Coutinho - sources.

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/story/3174603/liverpool-reach-agreement-to-sell-philippe-coutinho-to-barcelona-sources

Liverpool is probably going to get a huge fee, but who are they going to replace him with?

There are just as many reports saying there is absolutely nothing going on in regards to Coutinho so I'm going to wait more to see what is really going on. The fee being quoted is huge but it would be really difficult to replace him and Liverpool without Coutinho is much less scary beast. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

There are just as many reports saying there is absolutely nothing going on in regards to Coutinho so I'm going to wait more to see what is really going on. The fee being quoted is huge but it would be really difficult to replace him and Liverpool without Coutinho is much less scary beast. 

Barca is crazy to pay 120m for him... He is barely a regular for the Brazil national team. 

5 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Barca is crazy to pay 120m for him... He is barely a regular for the Brazil national team. 

I just don't think he's really Barca quality and definitely not anywhere near the level of the man he is supposed to be replacing. I think Dembele would be a better fit because they need some pace in the team and Coutinho doesn't have that. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I've been seeing around £100m which would be an absurd amount of money. Although everything has been absurd this window.

The crawl on ESPN (normally I don't take ESPNFC seriously in the least, but when something makes the crawl usually it's been confirmed b a more dependable source) just read off 141m.

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Scratch that amount, I totally forgot ESPN consisting lists prices in $ not  € or £.  Per the article it's £81.6m that could rise to £109.

Yeah I think those are the same numbers I saw. I'm still going to hold out until there is something more though, that level of trust to put it on their ticker is pretty telling though. 

25 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

but it would be really difficult to replace him and Liverpool without Coutinho is much less scary beast.

And this is really where I'm at.  If this were a year ago and they were turning around and flipping money for Gotze, I don't think it's as much of an issue.  But even with the other spots on their squad they could solidify with this purse, losing the player who was pulling the strings (which is a pretty essential cog in Klopp's system) the way Coutinho was puts a major chink in their armor.  Suppose they could make a run at Lanzini, but I can't see West Ham not digging their heels in to sell.  City really don't have any reason to sell aside from maybe FFP, but Delph, I suppose, could be an option for them too.  If they want to go with a bit more direct player, they could take a run at Tadic too, I suppose - though if Sou'ton get a tidy sum for VVD, I doubt they're going to be keen to sell Tadic, not to mention Tadic is more someone you'd prefer backing up a Countinho, rather than replacing him.