Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

8 hours ago, texans_uk said:

To be fair, €222m is a pretty outlandish release clause.

Cristiano Ronaldo has a €1bn release clause.

I don't think they ever expect them to be met, not for the top level players anyway.

I could be wrong here, but I think it's might be standard practice in the Spanish leagues. All players have a buyout fee

Sorry @texans_uk quoted the wrong post.

1 hour ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Idk, I just don't see the point in freaking out about the money like the rest of you. I'm just curious to see how far PSG can make in the Champions League this year

PSG are one of the top 5 teams. Along with Barca, Real, Bayern and Juve. Idk how you rank those teams.

16 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Last year everybody was freaking out about Pogba... now 89m isn't even considered that crazy anymore.

I don't see 220m record being broken anytime soon. Although teams will try to milk every penny from Barca if they go after their players.

I'd be Ok with Arsenal selling Sanchez back to em for a cool 100m. ? 

It's simple. Neymar wanted to have his own team. He wanted to collect Ballon d'or trophies and become a legend. He wanted to strike out on his own from Messi. Messi signed a new contract. he had to make a decision, stay and play under Messi's shadow and wait until Messi retires, or leave now and get his own team. at his age, this move made sense given his ambitions 

He's going to destroy the French league, and put up ridiculous numbers. I don't watch that league anyway. (who does, let's be real)

will be interesting to see how PSG fares in the CL. they are hellbent on winning it. they can't sell Verratti, they need him to win that competition. I'm hearing Di Maria, Matuidi, Aurier, and perhaps more are on their way out. some clubs could be taking advantage of this domino effect 

Edited by persiandud

38 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40776521

As expected

La Liga refusal confirmed

3359b41c-d1c6-4a51-8d90-c9ab8e0ac3f7.jpg

Spanish La Liga

Posted at11:37

A statement to BBC Sport reads:

We can confirm that the lawyers of the player (Neymar) have come to La Liga to deposit the clause and that it has been rejected. It is all the information we will give so far.

This is better than a daytime soap opera.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is better than a daytime soap opera.

It really is, there is no way this holds up with FIFA or UEFA or whoever. He's as good as gone and honestly rejecting it is only going to look bad on La Liga.

Just now, LeeEvans said:

It really is, there is no way this holds up with FIFA or UEFA or whoever. He's as good as gone and honestly rejecting it is only going to look bad on La Liga.

I don't know whether to respect La Liga officials for actually calling BS on this deal, or think they are being hypocrites for the way they themselves act and treat others.

Just now, texans_uk said:

I don't know whether to respect La Liga officials for actually calling BS on this deal, or think they are being hypocrites for the way they themselves act and treat others.

I've got a little bit of both. Someone definitely needs to call PSG and their Qatar backing on their bs but La Liga let Barca and Real Madrid abuse their own league for decades so they've got no place to talk.