Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

29 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

It really is, there is no way this holds up with FIFA or UEFA or whoever. He's as good as gone and honestly rejecting it is only going to look bad on La Liga.

I'm assuming Neymar's lawyers are already drafting a lawsuit saying that La Liga/Barca aren't honoring their contract.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm assuming Neymar's lawyers are already drafting a lawsuit saying that La Liga/Barca aren't honoring their contract.

Oh absolutely. They were probably already preparing it before they even went to deliver the money. I just can't see how anyone is going to stop this transfer. 

MARCA now saying Bale has to leave before signing Mbappe. That's backing down quite a lot from the "AGREEMENT REACHED" reported last week.

United should be all over Bale... offer them 80m-90m. 

220m for Neymar is reasonable compare to paying 180m for Mbappe.

47 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

United should be all over Bale... offer them 80m-90m. 

220m for Neymar is reasonable compare to paying 180m for Mbappe.

It's 300M plus Neymar's wages plus apparently a huge signing bonus for his dad versus 180M plus Mbappe's wages, which are probably not even half of Neymar's.

9 hours ago, persiandud said:

It's simple. Neymar wanted to have his own team. He wanted to collect Ballon d'or trophies and become a legend. He wanted to strike out on his own from Messi. Messi signed a new contract. he had to make a decision, stay and play under Messi's shadow and wait until Messi retires, or leave now and get his own team. at his age, this move made sense given his ambitions 

He's going to destroy the French league, and put up ridiculous numbers. I don't watch that league anyway. (who does, let's be real)

will be interesting to see how PSG fares in the CL. they are hellbent on winning it. they can't sell Verratti, they need him to win that competition. I'm hearing Di Maria, Matuidi, Aurier, and perhaps more are on their way out. some clubs could be taking advantage of this domino effect 

Nah, that's all on his greedy dad. 

It's a joke really. PSG will not even face consequences for that. Can't be long now until that bubble finally busts.

Edited by AustrianNiner

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Two random questions.

1. Why does Neymar's father get a signing bonus? Is he the agent?

2. I've always wondered when you get $X/week is that just weeks in the soccer season or 52 weeks.

For 1, yes Neymar's dad is his "agent" - I'm guessing they structure payments not to him personally but to the agency (which is probably co-owned by both Neymars) so that they can expense everything humanly possible and end up with a pretty decent tax break as a result.

32 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For 1, yes Neymar's dad is his "agent" - I'm guessing they structure payments not to him personally but to the agency (which is probably co-owned by both Neymars) so that they can expense everything humanly possible and end up with a pretty decent tax break as a result.

And only a few days ago he received a 'loyality' (incredible) bonus by Barca over 20M. That's why the transfer has dragged until now. 

And while all this happens Ronaldo had his first hearings over his tax fraud allegations but nobody cares about it as everyone is busy with Neymar.