Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

4 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

And while all this happens Ronaldo had his first hearings over his tax fraud allegations but nobody cares about it as everyone is busy with Neymar.

That'll end up like the Messi case and CR7 will just need to pay back the taxes plus a fine.  The possibility of him going to jail is very small based on what I've read

53 minutes ago, drd23 said:

That'll end up like the Messi case and CR7 will just need to pay back the taxes plus a fine.  The possibility of him going to jail is very small based on what I've read

Not to mention it will probably resolve itself the same way Messi's did: Signs a new contract with the club that includes a wink-wink/nod-nod agreement that the club will foot his tax bill payments.

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Not to mention it will probably resolve itself the same way Messi's did: Signs a new contract with the club that includes a wink-wink/nod-nod agreement that the club will foot his tax bill payments.

Of course it will. It's just a shame nobody seems really interested in the fact that an awful lot of footballers(and mainly their lawyers and agents) are also very good at tax fraud and getting away with it quite easily. 

Would love some help from someone.. I follow soccer here in the US as well as overseas, but I'm new to the overseas soccer.

Can someone explain to me what the Neymar move means? Isn't PSG a few steps down from the big euro teams? Is he going there simply because of the money? If someone can explain to me the bigger picture here, that would be great.

PSG very nearly knocked Barça out of the CL last season, ironically it was a Neymar one man show that turned the tie on its head. 

PSG are Qatar's play thing and they are desperate to dominate in Europe, unfortunately the traditional powerhouses (mainly Real, Barça, Bayern) have put pay to any hopes of that. 

They see this Neymar as a kind of double whammy, on the one hand it gives them a legitimate top 3 player in the prime of his career. On the other it gives them "legitimacy" with the rest of Europe's finest.

Neymar is moving primarily for money, that's unarguable, but it's also felt he wants more personal recognition, something that is hard to come by in the same team as Lionel Messi. 

To be honest it means that PSG probably still get knocked out in the QF of the CL and romp to another French double (now that Monaco have been absolutely purged), at least this season. 

1 hour ago, coors said:

Would love some help from someone.. I follow soccer here in the US as well as overseas, but I'm new to the overseas soccer.

Can someone explain to me what the Neymar move means? Isn't PSG a few steps down from the big euro teams? Is he going there simply because of the money? If someone can explain to me the bigger picture here, that would be great.

Tex explained it very well. PSG are in that tier right behind Real, Bayern, and Barca. They should have eliminated Barca last season in the Champions League but threw the game away, a game in which Neymar was responsible for a remarkable comeback. 

Money is a huge factor but you could argue it is just as much because Neymar will always be in Messi's shadow as long as they are in the same team. There isn't animosity between the two but Barcelona will never be Neymar's team while he Messi is still at the club and will never get the accolades that Messi does. PSG gives Neymar a chance to have a squad built around him and for him to put forward his claim for best player in the world. 

It's a massive coup for PSG who now have one of, if not the, best players in the world not named Messi and Ronaldo and can claim to have taken a top player away from one of the best clubs in the world. Not many clubs can claim to take someone from Barcelona when they don't want to sell. It's a massive image boost and they are hoping it finally enables them to win the CL which PSG's absolute goal. I doubt it really changes that to be honest but it is still a huge statement of intent and marker that has been laid down by PSG.

14 hours ago, The LBC said:

As long as the government gets paid what they are owed and a fine to make sure that people don't have any incentive to emulate this behavior, no biggie right?

I don't know much of anything about European taxation/tax law/tax evasion, but if it's anything like the US their equivalent of the IRS always gets paid at the end of the day right?

L'Equipe: Lemar wants to move to Arsenal - with the arrival of Ghezzal in Monaco, if confirmed, could allow him to depart to England.

Sky: Arsenal and Monaco are in ongoing talks over Lemar, the French club is thought to be holding for £50m.

Same fee as Sigurdsson ?