Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

26 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

City have had an £18m bid for Johnny Evans turned down. 

I don't know what's crazier. 

West Brom turning down £18m for a centre half

Or City trying to sign a West Brom centre half

Think Johnny Evans is pretty decent tbh and considering how City's CBs have performed in recent years I don't think he'd be out of place there. And 18M looks like absolutely nothing this summer, especially for City.

Chelsea going for Drinkwater is the real head scratcher for me, reasons have been mentioned and I don't rate him that highly either. Just a good workhorse in CM, nothing more.

12 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Think Johnny Evans is pretty decent tbh and considering how City's CBs have performed in recent years I don't think he'd be out of place there. And 18M looks like absolutely nothing this summer, especially for City.

Still shows what the market has become. 

Can't believe Ben Gibson is still at Middlesboro. 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Or kept Matic. 

True, really does put into perspective just how bad that business was for Chelsea that they sold him to a rival and mega-rich club for the fee they did if they're gonna go and spend the exact same amount on Danny Drinkwater.

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

27 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

How much do you think Christian Pulisic is worth? 

If I'm Dortmund and it's the EPL clubs who are circling I would hold out for somewhere around 65m right now.

I think with Dembele likely on his way out and Reus' injury issues always a concern, he's in line for a lot of playing time this year and if he has a big year coupled with a great World Cup,  he could be a 100 million pound player as soon as next summer. As much a statement of his talent as it is about the fact that he is a potential marketing goldmine. 

My guess is he ends up Man United's big glamour summer signing in a year or two. IIRC he's a fan and they're not a club that's shy about making footballing decisions with 'brand' concerns included so they'll be willing to pay an increased fee based on the marketing impact it'll have in the US. The EPL top 6 are all salivating at the possibility of having the first true American superstar on their books. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Surely Chelsea could have just kept Chalobah or Loftus-Cheek around instead if this is ending with spending 40 million pounds on Danny Drinkwater.

I agree. Two things though, one Chalobah wanted to leave. He turned us down and left. Lotus Cheek as well but even then he needs that playing time. I just don't see us spending 40mil on a decent midfielder who is gonna be a back up. Another thing is that, I can't remember the last time we kept somebody that wanted to leave. Matic I'm not bothered my tbh. My preference would've been to sell him abroad but 40mil is 40mil

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

I agree. Two things though, one Chalobah wanted to leave. He turned us down and left. Lotus Cheek as well but even then he needs that playing time. I just don't see us spending 40mil on a decent midfielder who is gonna be a back up. Another thing is that, I can't remember the last time we kept somebody that wanted to leave. Matic I'm not bothered my tbh. My preference would've been to sell him abroad but 40mil is 40mil

I agree with you about the youth players but with CL games it's hard to believe they couldn't get some serious game time. If Chelsea lose these guys like Lukaku and KdB that would be unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I agree with you about the youth players but with CL games it's hard to believe they couldn't get some serious game time. If Chelsea lose these guys like Lukaku and KdB that would be unbelievable. 

They'd get more game time than last year sure, but significantly more. Just a bit more. They'd be getting CApital one Cup games. We would still play our strongest teams in PL and CL. I don't

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

They'd get more game time than last year sure, but significantly more. Just a bit more. They'd be getting CApital one Cup games. We would still play our strongest teams in PL and CL. I don't

You could be right, I just think those mid week games would lead Conte to rotate and that would be at bare minimum six games not including cups. I hugely enjoy Chelsea letting go of talent and seeing them flourish elsewhere so I don't mind but it's got to be frustrating from their perspective.