Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

14 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

What rubbish. It's not that they don't have money, it's just they won't spend it. TeamOrange said it best in the Arsenal thread, bite the bullet and rebuild.

Now you see why the board love Wenger, money isn't coming out there pockets but a whole lot of money is coming in, so why give him the sack? 

Not surprised to see Sanches going to Swansea. Paul Clement was of course Ancelotti's assistant at Chelsea, PSG, Real and Bayern so Carlo probably trusts Clement to develop Sanches for a year before going back to fight for a place at Bayern.

Also it seems we're actually trying to sign Fernando Llorente again. Conte obviously feels he'll contribute. 

Don't know where that leaves Batshuayi though.

40 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Not surprised to see Sanches going to Swansea. Paul Clement was of course Ancelotti's assistant at Chelsea, PSG, Real and Bayern so Carlo probably trusts Clement to develop Sanches for a year before going back to fight for a place at Bayern.

Also it seems we're actually trying to sign Fernando Llorente again. Conte obviously feels he'll contribute. 

Don't know where that leaves Batshuayi though.

Hazard basically hinted in an interview that Batshuayi should go on loan or find a way out of the club because he needs to play before the World Cup. He's probably right and I'm sure there are plenty of premier league clubs that would love to take him on loan.

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

What rubbish. It's not that they don't have money, it's just they won't spend it. TeamOrange said it best in the Arsenal thread, bite the bullet and rebuild.

From what I've read from people who are familiar with Arsenal's finances it seems like they have a bigger wage structure problem than you'd think. Their plan still seems to be to keep Sanchez and Özil which makes more high earning signings impossible. That's why they are also so keen to offload players. They have less sponsor-incomings than Chelsea and the Manc-clubs, also no CL this season. Arsenal need a complete rebuild from the top, wage bill is still a mess even without Özil and Sanchez.

13 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Hazard basically hinted in an interview that Batshuayi should go on loan or find a way out of the club because he needs to play before the World Cup. He's probably right and I'm sure there are plenty of premier league clubs that would love to take him on loan.

If the plan is to get Llorente and offload Batshuayi then that's stupid and I'm against that. If it's to add depth then I like it.,

That's always been Arsenal's problem. They get players to come in on inflated contracts but then run into the problem when A) that players doesn't workout (see Debushy, Bendtner, Perez) or B) that player's contract runs out and they expect a raise (see Ox, Ram-man, Sanchez, RVP). They never have that top top top tier salary like clubs do but they have a much higher floor and middle group which absolutely kills them.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

If the plan is to get Llorente and offload Batshuayi then that's stupid and I'm against that. If it's to add depth then I like it.,

That's about how I feel. But I also can't fault Batshuayi for wanting to go somewhere to be a starting striker before the world cup.

50 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Origi off to Wolfsburg on loan, who'll pay his wages and a 6M loan fee. Even the loan fees are getting out of hand.

Alexis to City looks like a goer right now.

I am happy just to see him on loan to get starting time. Getting a few million from sending Origi out for the season is magnificent. Hopefully, he can develop well there. He has a lot of potential but his decision making at times is brutal.

Also the Liverpool hype van is speeding down the highway!!! Joyce is saying that there is good chance for van Dijk and Lemar. What a window if those happen