Mayock Pre-Draft Press Conference

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

I find it funny that he made that comment about being low-tech but then asked reporters to mute themselves during the conference. Seems to at least have some understanding of how Zoom works. 

Yeah Mayocks no dummy with anything, even technology.  He just likes the narrative, for a lack of a better work on my part, that he’s a low tech, “old fashion”, “football guy”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Can listen to Mayock talk football for hours. Sure has his work cut out for him this year.

I use to love hearing all the BS from the other analyst during the draft but then all of them would look to him to confirm their opinion.

Edited by drfrey13

6 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Mayock always puts out a good presser. Love hearing the quote about not reaching for need. Interesting tidbit about a WR 1 in round 3. 

I really hope we can trade back in R1 to get another few picks in that 40-80 range. Seems Mayock think that way too. 

Great listening to him too, always sounds genuine whilst still keeping his cards close to his chest, he always sounds like he has a genuine passion for scouting and learning about prospects and I get the feeling he enjoys the 4th to 7th rounds as much if not more than the top 3 rounds. I feel confident with MM in the room.

With all the talk about not drafting for need and his comments about WRs it seems to me like we're trying to obfuscate a little and I'm thinking we draft a WR with our first pick for sure! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Great listening to him too, always sounds genuine whilst still keeping his cards close to his chest, he always sounds like he has a genuine passion for scouting and learning about prospects and I get the feeling he enjoys the 4th to 7th rounds as much if not more than the top 3 rounds. I feel confident with MM in the room.

With all the talk about not drafting for need and his comments about WRs it seems to me like we're trying to obfuscate a little and I'm thinking we draft a WR with our first pick for sure! 

That’s what I feel as well. He’s mentioned the depth at WR a few time’s now. I’d guess it’s a bit of smoke.

• Like 1