2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think the difference between last year and this year will be just growing pains. I said last year it could take awhile for the Rams oline to get figured out. I didnt even consider injuries to pretty much everyone except Whitworth. It took way longer than expected but even you have to admit the last 4 weeks of the season the Rams oline was playing some good football. Again as I pointed out, the Sehawks and Niners games at the end of the season they got little to no pressure on Goff. So you have to come into this season thinking all those young guys got through their growing pains, will have another year of development and hopefully good healthy to have chemistry week in and week out to play together and they will be at least solid. Sure they might not be world beaters but how many teams in the NFL has amazing olines? Dallas invested a ton of high draft picks and money in their oline and I kept hearing Skip say all season long that the oline wasnt living up to the talent and the investments. So yes Id love for the Rams to have an offensive line like the Colts but they dont but if they just have a solid oline with the scheme McVay has and the talent he has on that side of the ball the Rams will be fine. Again last year was growing pains with the young players mixed in with a ton of injuries that will cripple any team I dont care how great your OL is. My expectations for this upcoming season is the Rams oline will be solid because they ended last season playing solid on the oline and they will be healthy and the young guys should take a step forward because of learning from what happened last season and continued developing their craft. 

At the end of the season, yes the Oline played better but they played better than the previous games.

They were not playing at the level or better than the 2018 oline level. 

If we want Goff to perform well, we have to build a Oline like the 2018 OL and right now, we are not at this level. 

Even with chemistry or i don't know what...this group won't better or equal to the 2018 Oline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btfd16 said:

But that wasn’t the BPA? Lol

Was less a comment about that pick, more about how much you all have been whining all weekend long about lineman and LBs. 

Some of us tried to tell you all that they like what we already have, you all just didn’t want to listen

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 2

I know most. Didn’t like when I mocked him in the 3rd after a trade down, but Prince Tega is still out there, and he’s a guy we showed some interest in. The other guy I assumed we will target with those 7th rounders, Daryl Williams could be that versatile IOL they add to the mix we already have 

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Must have not even offered anything. Can’t imagine we wouldn’t have taken it. 

His knee might be really bad. Would be a shame for what was such a promising career

That’s the most likely scenario. I have a feeling Gurleys knee problem is a lot more serious than we all know. Total shame. He was such a great player for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Oh great, the kicker the Pats drafted is a 3%-er... way to do that background check, Kraft.

I know this gets dicey with forum rules, so we won’t linger on it, but forget the background check, he has it TATTOOED on his ARM!!!

Did they never even meet with the guy?

This is a new low for “don’t give a F” from BB

Edited by StLunatic88

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know this gets dicey with forum rules, so we won’t linger on it, but forget the background check, he has it TATTOOED on his ARM!!!

Did they never even meet with the guy?

This is a new low for “don’t give a F” from BB

They did draft Aaron Hernandez....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Still some guys available that we met with....

Prince, AJ Green, Darryl Williams, David Woodward....

Evan Weaver and Markus Bailey too.

The word on Prince is that there's red flags around at least one of his knees.

• Like 2