2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Defensive line (pretty obviously)

Running Back (can’t be much worse than what we put out there last year) Especially when it comes to health/fit

I’d argue LB, as I always though Fowler was a product of the guys in front of him and I’m pretty excited about Floyd + Lewis

Secondary continues to improve, but you would pretend that we didnt add one of, if not the best CB

But sure, we didn’t trade for a guy who sat out most of last year so we’re going backwards 

Defensive line, ok i will considered that even if it's a slight improvement. 

RB ? So you are considering that Akers is superior to Gurley ? 

LB? i don't care about Fowler, but who is replacing Littleton ? Is the replacement right now for him is better or even equal to him ? 

Secondary ? Ramsey ? it's not an addition, he was already with the team last year. 

We have a lot of movable pieces on defense now. Guys can play multiple positions and we can have a lot of different sub packages week to week depending on the offense we’re playing. At least that’s what I hope this new scheme on defense is trying to be. 

33 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Well some teams knows their business...the only team not improving in our division is us. 

Yeah now you are going too far with your posts lol. To say the Rams havent improved is insane. They just took the best prospect coming out of HS in Akers and he turned out to be on a short list of great FSU backs to have back to back 1,000yd seasons. He fits what McVay wants to do perfectly and as one person said, Akers is the most natural elusive back in the draft. So he dont need a great oline to get his yards as we saw in FSU. He can also catch well out of the backfield. So you dont think the Rams will be improved in the running game?

The Rams also drafted a Kupp and Woods clone in Jefferson. Unless you think Kupp and Woods stink then you cant diss the Rams getting another great route runner who will catch everything. Defenders will have a hard time covering him one on one just like they have a hard time covering Woods and Kupp one on one. Then we talk about Lewis who talent wise is a top 16 pick but fell due to injury concerns. If he can stay healthy you dont think the Rams will have a dominant force rushing the passer in him consistently? It was a steal in the 3rd round. The only pick you can MAYBE diss is Burgess but even then the Rams secondary last year statistically was elite and that was before and after they got Ramsey thats not my opinion thats a fact go look the numbers up from PFF. So adding Burgess, getting back Johnson III and Rapp taking the second year leap is going to continue to make the secondary even more scary. Now you can talk about changing coordinators but Ill point out to you that in 2017 didnt the Rams overhaul the coaching staff and how did that work out? They went (11-5) and won the division. So the Rams already have proof that they can adjust on the fly with new coaches but ultimately the constant is McVay so if you believed in him in 2017 when he had no head coaching experience then I dont see why you wont believe in him now that he has years of successful head coaching experience while going through some growing pains to learn from. So again I think the Ram greatly improved but they didnt go out and get big name players like the Niners did by getting Williams and the Cards did by getting Hopkins but honestly they didnt need to. They have talent on their roster and they imo so far put together a very good if not great draft class. All their picks were smart and no projects or head scratchers. 

10 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Guys I’m hoping for at 126:

Alton Robinson

Bradlee Anae

Nick Harris 

Tyler Biadasz

i don’t think there’s a ILB worth taking here and if we take another edge guy we can move Floyd to ILB (I actually saw a site last night post a depth chart after the Lewis selection that had Floyd listed there—definitely wasn’t official but still found it interesting)

I would add Troy Dye to thank list also

13 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Defensive line, ok i will considered that even if it's a slight improvement. 

RB ? So you are considering that Akers is superior to Gurley ? 

LB? i don't care about Fowler, but who is replacing Littleton ? Is the replacement right now for him is better or even equal to him ? 

Secondary ? Ramsey ? it's not an addition, he was already with the team last year. 

See you lost me with you saying Akers being superior to Gurley. I dont look at it that way. Thats like a Chiefs fan saying is Hunt superior to Jamaal Charles at the time they drafted him and moved on Charles. The way I see it was Chiefs fans loved Hunt and so did alot of experts and thought Hunt would thrive in Reid's system and help the Chiefs find similar success as they had with Charles and guess what thats exactly what Hunt did. He was great for the Chiefs until he got himself in trouble and they had to move on. So again nobody is saying Akers is superior to Gurley but Akers is the perfect fit for McVay system and could be in position to help do wonders for the Rams offense that they lost in Gurley. Im not going to look at Akers and compare him to Gurley Im just going to say what we lost in Gurley from the time he got hurt against Philly in 2018 because the Rams were top 3 in rushing at the time, Akers combined with Henderson has the potential to get the Rams back into that top 5-10 rushing team in the NFL. 

• Like 1