MWil23

2020 Draft Rumors and News

All I'll say on this topic is look at Drew Brees' stats and record his first few years in the league. There's a reason they drafted Philly Rivers. Drew had a good season his 3rd year starting, regressed in year four. 

I know Baker's a boss. Just a matter of time, but I believe this season is way more 2018 than 2019.

2 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

I must be the only one who still have as much faith in Baker as I did when we drafted him.

Nope, I'm still here. Even with the ish show we had going on last year, he still had PFF's second highest % of big time throws (extremely difficult and important, made perfectly). He'll be just fine. Still think he's considered a top 8 QB by the end of 2021.

2 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

I must be the only one who still have as much faith in Baker as I did when we drafted him.

The heel turn he has taken for Browns fans after last year is pretty crazy to me. I mean, I know he didn't have a good year at all but do our fans think he's actually a bad QB now? Even if you isolate his one horrendously awful, worst-ever-season-for-a-QB (it's so heavily overblown to be bad and that's because of the hype), when was the last time we had a QB that did better? Josh McCown perhaps? Hoyer?

We will be fine. He's the best QB we've had since Bernie - one bad year with crazy hype, 2nd year where defenses study, awful coaching, play-calling, and scheme. Tons of interceptions off receivers hands, bad tackle play - Baker clearly lost faith in his o-line and bailed too early from the pocket. All of that, EVERYTHING that could've possibly went wrong actually went wrong. Even the schedule had us face 10 elite-to-respectable defenses in the first 12 games (lol Bills, 49ers, Steelers x2, Pats, Broncos, Jets, Ravens, Rams, and Titans) and no one saw it turning out that way. We were 6-7 in control of our own destiny.

I'm not saying I think we're going to wreck the league, but I think 9-7 is a good possibility for us this year and I fully believe Baker is capable of delivering on that.

The only thing Im worried about with him is that he developed bad habits and regressed last year to the point where it would carry over to this season. It almost looked like he had the yips for much of the season with his throwing and Im hoping he can rewind all of that.

The double pumps with the ball, being unsure about reads, inaccuracy deep and seemingly always throwing off his back foot and not stepping into the throw are just a few things he devloped last year that need ironed out

I’m still bullish as hell on Baker.

Dude is still young as hell and had a lot of issues last year that were out of his control.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

Freddie looked worst and prolly was a worst HC than Hue. 

That's hard to imagine, but you probably are right.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

All I'll say on this topic is look at Drew Brees' stats and record his first few years in the league. There's a reason they drafted Philly Rivers. Drew had a good season his 3rd year starting, regressed in year four. 

I know Baker's a boss. Just a matter of time, but I believe this season is way more 2018 than 2019.

The reason the chargers drafted rivers is because brees blew out his shoulder. 

Edit: nvm that was the next year.

Edited by sdrawkcab321