2020 Draft Rumors and News

MWil23

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Wasn't sure where to put this.

I do not like Cowherd, but I think he nailed this:

https://www.brownsnation.com/colin-cowherd-if-cleveland-doesnt-make-the-playoffs-mayfield-is-fired/

I think Baker will be good this year, but he is possibly correct, I think it is a 60% Baker and a 40%  coaching situation. 

Last year baker struggled because we had the worst coaching in the nfl.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Wasn't sure where to put this.

I do not like Cowherd, but I think he nailed this:

https://www.brownsnation.com/colin-cowherd-if-cleveland-doesnt-make-the-playoffs-mayfield-is-fired/

The dude is a moron! He hates Baker as much as you bruce! lol

"Eight and a half [is the Browns’ projected] over-under [win total]. Why is that?” Cowherd said. “Baker Mayfield’s maturity. Nobody knows if he’s mature enough."

That is not why the over under win total is 8.5 you. There win total is mainly that because the Browns have yet another 1st time HC leading the team again.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, bruceb said:

When did you @buno67 revert to homer Homer, or is this the first manifestation?

Do you really think the odds makers in Vegas accept Mayfield being good as a given like you?

Name the last time you saw a rookie HC have predicted double digit wins their first season? We just witnessed the last 4 seasons, literally how important coaching is. Now we are suddenly going to forget it? Oh wait you want to push a narrative. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If he puts up another stinker we’re looking for a replacement 

If Ryan Tannehill was able to get 6 years out of the Dolphins and Marcus Mariota got 4 out of the Titans--Baker will at least get the 2021 season regardless how this season goes. Mostly because he was the #1 pick in the draft and not a late 1st or 2nd rounder

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Name the last time you saw a rookie HC have predicted double digit wins their first season? We just witnessed the last 4 seasons, literally how important coaching is. Now we are suddenly going to forget it? Oh wait you want to push a narrative. 

You obviously are ignoring: 1. Supporting skill cast = elite; 2. OL= better to excellent; 3. O-scheme of our rookie HC perfect for Mayfield.

It's all on Mayfield, Bubba.

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

You obviously are ignoring: 1. Supporting skill cast = elite; 2. OL= better to excellent; 3. O-scheme of our rookie HC perfect for Mayfield.

It's all on Mayfield, Bubba.

It’s on mayfield and Stef but Stef is the bigger unknown. 

we went into the season last year assuming Freddie would keep the same scheme that worked the year before, where the last 8weeks of the season the browns had a top5 DVOA offense in the league. Skill talent last year was pretty good last year as well. The biggest factor of sucking was because of Freddie. Yes Mayfield didn’t play well last year but Freddie looked worst and prolly was a worst HC than Hue. 

PFF ranked the Browns offensive firepower #2 overall in the NFL, with Nick Chubb as the #1 RB/most elusive RB in the NFL. Between the revamped OL (upgrades at BOTH OT spots) as well as more depth (you have former starters like Hubbard now as quality depth), 2 All Pro caliber WRs in OBJ and Landry, 2 All Pro RBs in Chubb and Hunt,  an addition of a Pro Bowl TE and Njoku back healthy, there is ZERO excuse for this team offensively.

...and Vegas set the over/under at 8.5. That tells you exactly where the ? is on offense (process of elimination sort of narrows that down).

New scheme/coaching staff, COVID19, less time to prepare, etc...I WILL NOT BUY ANY OF THAT AS AN EXCUSE FOR ANYONE ON THIS SIDE OF THE BALL, especially Baker Mayfield.

Granted, if the Browns go 8-8 or 9-7 and somehow Baker and company on offense put up absolutely dominant numbers and our defense proves to be a joke YET AGAIN, then I'll gladly accept that/revamp the defense, pick up Baker's 5th year option, look to extend him, and roll into 2021 and beyond with major optimism.

I must be the only one who still have as much faith in Baker as I did when we drafted him.

The heel turn he has taken for Browns fans after last year is pretty crazy to me. I mean, I know he didn't have a good year at all but do our fans think he's actually a bad QB now? Even if you isolate his one horrendously awful, worst-ever-season-for-a-QB (it's so heavily overblown to be bad and that's because of the hype), when was the last time we had a QB that did better? Josh McCown perhaps? Hoyer?

We will be fine. He's the best QB we've had since Bernie - one bad year with crazy hype, 2nd year where defenses study, awful coaching, play-calling, and scheme. Tons of interceptions off receivers hands, bad tackle play - Baker clearly lost faith in his o-line and bailed too early from the pocket. All of that, EVERYTHING that could've possibly went wrong actually went wrong. Even the schedule had us face 10 elite-to-respectable defenses in the first 12 games (lol Bills, 49ers, Steelers x2, Pats, Broncos, Jets, Ravens, Rams, and Titans) and no one saw it turning out that way. We were 6-7 in control of our own destiny.

I'm not saying I think we're going to wreck the league, but I think 9-7 is a good possibility for us this year and I fully believe Baker is capable of delivering on that.

• Like 3