2020 NFL Draft - Day One Discussion

RpMc

Ever since Vikings General Manager Rick Spielman acquired an extra first-round pick by trading another guy he said he had no intention of trading, he’s been getting plenty of phone calls. And they’re coming from every direction. With the 22nd and 25th overall picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, Spielman has become a popular conversation in recent days.

Spielman: “I’ve had calls already, opportunities of people trying to trade up, and I’ve also had teams that are in front of us that wanted to trade back. I think it all depends how the draft board unfolds on Thursday. For example, I would say if we stay at 22, and we have maybe seven or eight names still up there, to move back from 25 to gain another pick and still get the same quality of player. An example: Last year, we moved back three times in the third round and still had Alexander Mattison targeted and were able to still get him. A lot of that manipulation on the draft board depends on what’s up there, how you have the draft board stacked and how far are you willing to go back without risk of losing a particular player.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/22/vikings-g-m-getting-trade-calls-from-both-directions/

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I could see a couple teams looking to trade up, especially Indy if they covet Jordan Love.

I think I already did the math in another thread, but my brain is shrinking rapidly so here is the math again: Indy trades 34, 44, 75 and 197 (560 + 460 + 215 + 11.4 = 1246.4) for Minnesota's 22, 58 and 89 (780 + 320 + 145 = 1245).  Would you do that trade?

Too many unnecessary pieces and I doubt that Indy wants to deal both seconds. 

34 and 75 for 25 - Indy pays a small premium to trade up for their QBOTF

———

another team to keep an eye on, pending the 6th pick, would be the Chargers. Pick 37 and pick 71 for 25 could also be a good option for a move down. 

we could add our 5th to any deal to lessen the difference on the TVC

9 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Too many unnecessary pieces and I doubt that Indy wants to deal both seconds. 

34 and 75 for 25 - Indy pays a small premium to trade up for their QBOTF

———

another team to keep an eye on, pending the 6th pick, would be the Chargers. Pick 37 and pick 71 for 25 could also be a good option for a move down. 

we could add our 5th to any deal to lessen the difference on the TVC

But wouldn't they be trading up to get past NE and NO?  Aren't those the teams that would be anxious to draft Love?  Who else in front of them between picks 25 and 34 would draft a QB?