Fournette trade?

bomont

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

their roster is not built to win

How does then having a bad roster address the fact that both GM and HC will not survive a season where they get #1 overall? Unless you’re telling me that they’re willingly going to lose games to attain a player for the next staff? 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:45 PM, SkippyX said:

Fournette had a lovely 90 yard TD run once.

• On every other run in his regular season career he is a 3.82 ypc back.
  • In the playoffs he is a 3.42 ypc back.

In 39 career games he has

• 13 games below 3.0 ypc
  • 11 games between 3.0 and 3.88 ypc
    • That's 24 of 39 below average games
  • 9 games between 4.0 and 4.99 ypc
  • 5 games above 5.0 ypc
  • 8 games with 100+ yards rushing.
  • 17 TDs

Why would you ever want him?

Jordan Howard (57 games)  Above replacement level back

• 13 games below 3.0 ypc
  • 13 games between 3.0 and 3.99 ypc
    • That's 26 of 57 below average games
  • 14 games between 4.0 and 4.99 ypc
  • 17 games above 5.0 ypc
  • 14 games with 100+ yards rushing
  • 30 TDs

Classic example of how stats don't tell you everything. The fact that their offense mostly blew at most positions during that entire span might have factored in - ya think?

I'm no Fournette fan, but I think he's being under-valued here. I'd gladly snap him up for a 5th or 4th, maybe a 3d. 

22 hours ago, Malik said:

Trent Richardson is the worst long term runningback in the history of the NFL. Fournette is just average

o.O Not. One of the most disappointing, yes. Not worst. Though he was bad.

And we'll have to agree to disagree on 3 yrs being "long term" too. 

10 minutes ago, bomont said:

This is what I think drives his value down more than the numbers. Head case. No thanks

Head case? Yeah I don't agree with that. The Jaguars just happen to be a team trying to fix issues in the locker room and are about to have a bunch of young guys coming in. There's clearly been clashing between LF and the FO/coaches in the past and they probably just want a fresh start.

Lenny is actually a pretty good dude.

19 hours ago, bertuzzi said:

Thats what it looks like lmao. “Were totally fine with minshew!!!!”

What a great building block 😂😂😂

What's really 😂 is how people are dismissing Minshew as if we know what he's really all about. He looked great at times, not at times...as a rookie, on a sorry team. Jury is out.

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Head case? Yeah I don't agree with that. The Jaguars just happen to be a team trying to fix issues in the locker room and are about to have a bunch of young guys coming in. There's clearly been clashing between LF and the FO/coaches in the past and they probably just want a fresh start.

Lenny is actually a pretty good dude.

We'll agree to disagree. Every year he's either being suspended or ripped for a bad attitude or whatever. Can't say how far it goes though. I'm not saying he's Terrell Owens. 

8 minutes ago, bomont said:

That's a weak case. :) Put Fournette behind a good OL and even a decent pass game and he'd do more than them. Come on people

There's no way you can convince me Fournette is better than James Conner. Conner does more is more versatile and doesn't have a better OLine than Fournette really at all.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's no way you can convince me Fournette is better than James Conner. Conner does more is more versatile and doesn't have a better OLine than Fournette really at all.

We’re talking about the Steelers, right? And the Jags?

• Like 5