2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Henderson would be an alright pick in that scenario I reckon.

That is my nightmare scenario.

i don’t want a CB who is unwilling to tackle. The NFL is a grind, don’t want someone with that mindset. Reminds me of Justin Gilbert, Gareon Williams, Eli Apple, or most recently Greedy Williams. 

let someone else deal with that. I’d take Diggs, Fulton, Johnson, Arnette, Hall, Gladney, Terrell, or Ig over Henderson. And at least one of them will be available in the second.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

That is my nightmare scenario.

i don’t want a CB who is unwilling to tackle. The NFL is a grind, don’t want someone with that mindset. Reminds me of Justin Gilbert, Gareon Williams, Eli Apple, or most recently Greedy Williams. 

let someone else deal with that. I’d take Diggs, Fulton, Johnson, Arnette, Hall, Gladney, Terrell, or Ig over Henderson. And at least one of them will be available in the second.

And let's face it, lack of willingness to tackle is a huge issue for CB in a Fangio scheme.  To me, that screams need-trumps-overall-BPA pick at 1.15.     From a skill perspective, it's close, but to me I've stuck with my initial assessment that Henderson is a drop down in tier of talent from a top 4 T (and Becton the iffiest of those 4) or top 3 WR or Kinlaw.   

Really, I hope just Becton, Brown & Herbert are all gone by 1.10.   Then the board falls to us at 1.15 without any worries.

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And let's face it, lack of willingness to tackle is a huge issue for CB in a Fangio scheme.  To me, that screams need-trumps-overall-BPA pick at 1.15.     From a skill perspective, it's close, but to me I've stuck with my initial assessment that Henderson is a drop down in tier of talent from a top 4 T (and Becton the iffiest of those 4) or top 3 WR or Kinlaw.   

Really, I hope just Becton, Brown & Herbert are all gone by 1.10.   Then the board falls to us at 1.15 without any worries.

I’ve been thinking for a while that the choice in front of Elway will most likely be: trade up with a 3rd for one of the WR’s, or sit at 1.15 and take Kinlaw. And I’ve been back and forth numerous times as to what I’d prefer in that scenario. 

8 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

To go to 10 will cost us at least 2 of the R3 picks - to go to 8 will cost the R2+ pick or all three R3 picks

According to the value chart a move to 10 is 250 pts, 8 is 350. Our 77th pick is valued at 205 pts, our 83rd at 175.

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

According to the value chart a move to 10 is 250 pts, 8 is 350. Our 77th pick is valued at 205 pts, our 83rd at 175.

Again, Arizona moved up from 1.15 to 1.10 just two years ago to take Josh Rosen. It cost them 3.79 and 5.152. So that’s a QB premium price. It shouldn’t take much more than 3.83 to move up 5 spots (and if it does, sit tight). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that the choice in front of Elway will most likely be: trade up with a 3rd for one of the WR’s, or sit at 1.15 and take Kinlaw. And I’ve been back and forth numerous times as to what I’d prefer in that scenario. 

I think Elway wants his receiver round one. I think he trades up for Jeudy/Lamb or down for Jefferson (the only problem is Dallas may jump on JJ at 17)

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah Herbert and Becton (and just personal opinion Derrick Brown) are off the board by 1.10 then it’s a can't lose IMO.   If they are falling then trading up is entirely justifiable.   Or trading back.  

If we lose to Gruden week 17 we don’t have to worry about it.  But it is what it is.  

Good news is if Hebert, Becton, and to a lesser extent Henderson ARE available for us, there could be some real interest by others in wanting to trade up with us.  We might get a premium again, which would be sweet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I think Elway wants his receiver round one. I think he trades up for Jeudy/Lamb or down for Jefferson (the only problem is Dallas may jump on JJ at 17)

Move down in the first for Fulton or Jefferson, use the extra ammo to move up in the 2nd for Reagor or Jaylon, and that might be as good as you can do. 

EDIT: As good as you can do in a trade down scenario, obviously. I’d give up 3.83 to turn Jefferson and Jaylon into Jeudy and Arnette. I think.

Edited by broncosfan_101
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Would the Broncos dare trade two 3rds for a 49ers 1st? 

2.46 plus 3.77 is a perfect match for 1.31. I wouldn’t view that as especially likely, unless the 20’s sees a run on CB’s, and Elway doesn’t wanna miss out on the 2nd tier. Even that though, one of Igbinoghene, Arnette, or Hall should be available at 2.46. Maybe if the OT thing is a bit of smoke, and Josh Jones slips? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Bad tacklers break the Fangio scheme. It is totally reliant on guys rallying to the ball and tackling to work.

I thought the “bad tackling” thing was just a trope and most teams actually think he’s a good tackler. Even still, getting him in a locker room with Kareem Jackson and AJ Bouye should toughen him up, those are some no nonsense guys.