2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

15 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The only way I see it working out is if whoever the guy Munch wants (Worfs, Thomas, whoever) is at 10 and we trade 15 + Bolles to the browns. The browns get an upgrade at LT and retain a high 1st round pick and we get Bolles replacement. Values Bolles as a 3rd. 

make a move for the guy you want. 

And do you think their public desire for Jeudy is a way to get a team to jump over the Broncos get him so that one of the top OTs falls to the Broncos?   Whether that's Wirfs or Thomas.  I don't think any of this is a coincidence. 

17 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

The only way I see it working out is if whoever the guy Munch wants (Worfs, Thomas, whoever) is at 10 and we trade 15 + Bolles to the browns. The browns get an upgrade at LT and retain a high 1st round pick and we get Bolles replacement. Values Bolles as a 3rd. 

make a move for the guy you want. 

That’s a massive waste of resources. We’re trading a LT AND a first round pick for another LT. Rather just keep Bolles and draft someone else at WR

Adding Trent Williams to this team would be absolutely amazing. Having arguably the top LT in the league to protect your young QB would not hurt. He is older than the core, but really OT's that are elite tend to play into their middle 30's, so you may be looking at 4-5 years of an elite LT despite Trent being 31 right now. Thats a no brainer. 

Also, pretty insane that there is like a 3 year age difference b/t Trent and Bolles lol. 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 6:16 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm going to add to this thread periodically this week. Although I will add the crazy nut Woody Paige has said that from inside sources, he has heard that Elway wants to trade of for Jerry Jeudy which would be so stupid I cannot even fathom it.

Woody, goofball he is, is probably best connected member of the Denver media. His sources are not player agents (Adam Schefter) or team PR personnel (Mike Klis). If he's reporting a source says a trade up is likely, odds are it's coming from Elway or Russell. That doesn't mean it's not  a smokescreen and that Woody is being used (probably knowingly) to spread disinformation, just that the information he has is certainly very, very well sourced. 

Trent Williams: 1 year, $12.5M

Garett Bolles: 2 years, $13.5M

Am I crazy, or are these assets pretty similarly valued? Especially considering the need to add 3 years and probably $40M guaranteed onto Trent’s contract just to get his pads on. 

Crazy. There is no comparison between these two guys. The gap is simply too large to even say their names in the same sentence. 

And Trent has a unique situation. Its not like Yannick trying to force his way out of JAX, the Skings' did Trent dirty and he wants out. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 6:10 AM, broncos67 said:

Trading two picks (most likely) to move up is not going to deplete the team of it's depth for two years. That's complete nonsense. If we were trading the entire draft away to move up, I might agree with you. 

I think you're overreacting way too much to potentially trade one (1) third rounder to move up and grab someone. Jeudy, by the way, is arguably the best WR prospect coming into the draft in the last 5-6 years. And at worst, he's Top 3. 

Agreed.

We have 10 picks. 10 rookies are not likely to make the team. What's interesting though is that while we have five picks in the top-100 but then we have four from 178-254. 

I'm going to wager on a trade up using #15 and one of the thirds. But I also think we can package #178 (comp 5th) and #181 (6th via WSH) to move up  into the 130-140 range (late 4th) for another player. Then use our two comp 7ths for guys who are worried we would't get on the PS. Those moves net us eight players drafted in the first, second, third (2) fourth (2), seventh (2). 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

That is my nightmare scenario.

i don’t want a CB who is unwilling to tackle. The NFL is a grind, don’t want someone with that mindset. Reminds me of Justin Gilbert, Gareon Williams, Eli Apple, or most recently Greedy Williams. 

let someone else deal with that. I’d take Diggs, Fulton, Johnson, Arnette, Hall, Gladney, Terrell, or Ig over Henderson. And at least one of them will be available in the second.

I'm not worried about us picking Henderson. For exactly the reasons you provide, and the fact that it appears Fangio has more influence on player personnel than any Elway HC besides Kubiak. Fangio wants CBs who can tackle and are willing to step up against the run. 

We won't be drafting Henderson. 

56 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Sure a lot of speculation due to @Counselor posting a five word statement with no source. Let me try, this might be fun.

Rumor we are shopping Lock.

The Breer story about us potentially considering shopping Bolles is HERE

The quote is as follows:  

think Garrett Bolles is on the way out in Denver. We’ve mentioned the last two weeks that the Broncos could be looking at trading up—and that it might be for a lineman, even though they’d like to address their receiver need as well. And a big part of that, again, is the likelihood that the team could move on from 2017 first-round pick Garrett Bolles, who started 48 straight games for Denver at left tackle...It’s possible he becomes a reclamation project for one on the seemingly endless list of teams that go into this week’s draft looking for offensive line help.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Albert Breer reported it. Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean I made it up. 

I didn't say that. I said you got a lot of reaction from a five word, unsourced post, and you did.

• Like 1