2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

If Hamler works out, no one will care.  That's entirely fair.

If he doesn't - man, Espenesa, Johnson & Diggs....Jones.   Can't help but think the WR 3.83-3.95 combo and going in any of those 3 directions is a better result than Hamler - 3.77 / 3.83.

22 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Well, it was unquestionably the BIGGEST. Area of need.  Now, if we pick 8 more receivers......😜

Shurmer uses 3wr.  You need a 3rd WR.  it’s essentially a starter in this offense.  We were all thrilled with what Ruggs would do to dictate defenses with his speed.  Not a lot of other WR that can do that. Hamler absolutely the 2nd best option after Ruggs from a speed perspective.  This is going to be one heck of a fun offense to watch. 

Just immediate venting on my part. I've said before, this is where we find out what the staff thinks of the roster. 

Safe to say they were pretty displeased with our WR corp. Also, happier with our CB's and IOL than we thought. I'm still pretty sure they have to address a swing OT, we're really awful there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Yup.  Rely on Fangio to scheme up the D to just stop the Chiefs one more time than they can stop you.  Not sure it will win you a championship, but it will win you some games, and it will help develop your QB.  

Hamler will really change this offense inways that other WR’s wouldn’t have. Jet Sweeps,p, screens, stretching the file, providing rooor Jeudy, Sutton and Fant to operate,  Going to be a beautiful thing.  
Now, I want a CB and a center!

And having a good returner. We havent had that in awhile.  Hopefully he creates better field position. and maybe he pushes hamilton a bit...nothing wrong with four great receivers.

19 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

While I like all 3 C that should go tonight, if we don’t take one that tells me they’re comfortable with Patrick Morris who I am pretty high on

He and Schlottman must figure heavily into their plans on the IOL. 

Elway has maybe been as good as anyone at the “copycat league” stuff.  After getting destroyed by Seattle’s historic defense he went out and built one of his own and won a SB.  He’s taking the opposite approach here and trying to do it offensively. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

That's great but we shouldn't be completely reliant on an end of season waiver claim to start at center with almost no competition.

Schlottman was Morris predecessor at center for TCU. I'd imagine one of them has the inside track at center with the other being an IOL backup.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Elway has maybe been as good as anyone at the “copycat league” stuff.  After getting destroyed by Seattle’s historic defense he went out and built one of his own and won a SB.  He’s taking the opposite approach here and trying to do it offensively. 

That’s extremely astute.