2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Hamler is a starter in this offense.  We said we wanted to come out of this draft with 3 starters - we just got our 2nd. Now I expect we’ll either see a center or Nickel safety (Parks replacement). That’s your 3 starters out of this draft 

Yeah, I think the idea of 2 WRs in today's NFL is flawed. Most teams, at least those with good offenses, have multiple contributors at WR. Denver wants to give their young QB the tools. I love having all these guys play together for 3+ years. It's going to be a blast.

1 minute ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

You just don’t like Hamler, nor appreciate that he’s not just another WR, but the 2nd fastest WR in the draft who will do things in this offense that the other available WR won’t do. They’re not interchangeable. 

To be fair, he’s got a massive stiff one for Lynn Bowden, who plays a similar game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

To be fair, he’s got a massive stiff one for Lynn Bowden, who plays a similar game. 

And....much cheaper.  Value matters.   And yes, I'd probably take Bowden over Hamler, but the baked in value makes it a no-brainer.

Edited by Broncofan

In BroncoFan’s defense, he never said he disliked Hamler, but looking from a value and depth perspective it wasn’t the best value. And it arguably wasn’t. But the value is in the speed, and he has not just 4.25-4.30 track speed but FUNCTIONAL on the field speed. 

Bit value wise there is argument. Not a home run pick, but not bad either.

9 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not trying to be pessimistic at Hamler at all but he lead College Football in drops with 12.

That’s PFF for you. If they think it “should have been caught” which includes anything in a catch radius that count it as a drop. Hamler has a smaller catch radius no doubt (coma with being 5’9) but almost anything that touched his hands was caught. And this is coming from someone who is less than thrilled with the pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

You guys are all going to go completely APE-Sh/T when Elway takes Gibson lol

Actually, not at all.  I think Gibson's value will help make him a special weapon to add as backfield threat we absolutely need to have long-term (MG3 is a short-term fix, and we shouldn't rely on more than that).  But I'm saying it's likely not happening until 95+, maybe 110.

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

The 104.3 morning show (Schlereth and Evans) were on record hating the Jeudy pick" In the deepest WR draft, they take the 2nd WR" {sarcasm}...wonder if one of them is on the ledge of a tall building tonight xD

If those guys are hating on the Jeudy pick, they’re morons. Pure and simple. 

• Like 1