Week 3 GDT

JAF-N72EX

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Brees has actually had five seasons with the Saints with a better outdoor rating,

It's not just Brees though is it?

Every major QB you want to look up has a better rating indoors than out - no matter where they play their home games. Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Romo, Roethlistberger. The list goes on and on. The only exceptions are Rivers and Marino - and they played outdoor home games in relative mild weather in San Diego and Miami.

It boggles my mind that this is even a question -  it is easier to throw a ball in climate-controlled environment with no wind, than in in rains snow, hail or windy conditions. There's not a person alive who could reasonably argue otherwise.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

It's not just Brees though is it?

Every major QB you want to look up has a better rating indoors than out - no matter where they play their home games. Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Romo, Roethlistberger. The list goes on and on. The only exceptions are Rivers and Marino - and they played outdoor home games in relative mild weather in San Diego and Miami.

It boggles my mind that this is even a question -  it is easier to throw a ball in climate-controlled environment with no wind, than in in rains snow, hail or windy conditions. There's not a person alive who could reasonably argue otherwise.

And it's easier to win games when you have a coach named Belichick, and a supporting cast like the Patriots.

Time to check my list of things I never thought I'd say this season.

278. I'm amazed at the Chargers ability to stay healthy. 

279. The Jets are absolutely destroying their opponents right now.  

280. Cam Newton looks like the most accurate passer in the NFL. 

Okay, crossed that one off my list.

Archived