Draft Discussion

RedGold

7 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Haha I will say he fits this offense like a glove though.  

Really don’t like going RB early though 

I was expecting/hoping for Evans or McFarland later on and Fulton or Josh Jones here. That being said, CEH is such a perfect fit for our offense (much better than Taylor for instance, who I like a ton too) I'm still pretty happy about it.

• Like 1

Just now, Mizter_Clean10 said:

CEH was the RB I wanted, wish it was 2nd round but oh well get em when you can get em.

Yup it was;

1a: CEH. 1b: Zach Moss for me.

Two guys that don’t need a dominant OL to get yards.   Can’t hate the pick, as I really like the fit 

3 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Hunt clone

If so, I will be pissed. DEH seems to have better character.;)

The ball security is big. He runs very well between the tackles and, like Hunt, has excellent balance. He's a much better pass receiver, with lots of yards after catch, which is probably why they drafted him. He also blocks very well. 

I would say that DeAndre Washington has his work cut out for him. I doubt they keep both.

J

Hoped to see the Chiefs' pick live  .. but got up too late ... well, wouldn't have made a difference.
A bit surprised to see CEH being the first RB off the board, would have considered him a Round 2 guy. Nevertheless, from what I read a great fit for the Chiefs' offense. However, now pick three (plus the Sausage):

Running Backs

XXXX - XX Edwards-Helaire, Clyde
XXXX - XX Marshall, Marcus

XXXX - 30 McGuire, Elijah
2020 - 42 Sherman, Anthony
2022 - 34 Thompson, Darwin
2020 - XX Washington, DeAndre
XXXX - 45 Weber, Mike
2020 - 26 Williams, Damien
2020 - 31 Williams, Darrell

My choice: Clyde, Damien, DeAndre, Darwin

Quite honestly wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade one of the Williamses for a late round pick or a trade-up.

Edited by KC_Guy

2 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Hoped to see the Chiefs' pick live  .. but got up too late ... well, wouldn't have made a difference.
A bit surprised to see CEH being the first RB off the board, would have considered him a Round 2 guy. Nevertheless, from what I read a great fit for the Chiefs' offense. However, now pick three (plus the Sausage):

Running Backs

XXXX - XX Edwards-Helaire, Clyde
XXXX - XX Marshall, Marcus

XXXX - 30 McGuire, Elijah
2020 - 42 Sherman, Anthony
2022 - 34 Thompson, Darwin
2020 - XX Washington, DeAndre
XXXX - 45 Weber, Mike
2020 - 26 Williams, Damien
2020 - 31 Williams, Darrell

My choice: Clyde, Damien, Darwin

Quite honestly wouldn't be surprised if they tried to trade one of the Williamses for a late round pick or a trade-up.

I think it’s  both Williams and CEH. Darrell showed a lot before getting injured. 

I would not bet much money on Sherman. He's been a rock for a long time, which is the problem. He'll be 32. For the ball carriers, DEH, obviously, and Damien Williams.

After that it's a free for all. Special teams will matter and DEH returns kicks. I would guess Thompson, but maybe he and DEH are too similar.

J