Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jeremiah said that he doesn't think Mayock would take Henderson because he doesn't tackle. I don't mind CB at 12 in theory but none of the guys are worth it to me IMO.

Physicality definitely seems like a make or break deal with PG/Gruden/Mayock. I'd be surprised if they took a CB high who refuses to tackle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW Vic Tafur mocked Henderson to us at #12 in the Athletic's beat writer mock draft with Jeudy, Ruggs, and Lamb still on the board. 

The issue is that there will be a run on Wr's from 13-18 and that could leave us with one of the tier 2 guys.  The falloff between Lamb and Mims, Ayuk, LS is much greater than the difference between Henderson and Fulton, Terrell and Johnson.  You go WR in this situation.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would not be shocked if we double dip on WR with 2 of our first 5 picks in this draft.  The class is deep and our WR depth is horrendous.  We need a major influx of talent there to compete in the AFC West.  If all of the top 3 are on the board at 12 I would be shocked if the pick isn't Lamb.  He is clearly the best WR prospect in this class.  

I think they go for Pittman if they move up (or back) into the second round. 

3 minutes ago, TLO said:

I think they go for Pittman if they move up (or back) into the second round. 

I like Pittman as a prospect but this class is deep and Mayock as shown that he can pull talent out in the 3rd round and beyond.  Would it be good value to trade two of our 3rds to move up to the 50's and select Pittman?  I doubt he is there in the 3rd. 

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Murray the prospect is more than a 2 down player in the NFL. We do run a lot of nickel so it may be tougher to crack the starting lineup day 1, but he's got all the athleticism you'd want plus he's a legit alpha Captain. I rather get a potential stud LB than reaching for need and getting a lesser prospect at CB.

Cornerback that's going to be on the field 95% of snaps > two down off ball LB. 

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would not be shocked if we double dip on WR with 2 of our first 5 picks in this draft.  The class is deep and our WR depth is horrendous.  We need a major influx of talent there to compete in the AFC West.  If all of the top 3 are on the board at 12 I would be shocked if the pick isn't Lamb.  He is clearly the best WR prospect in this class.  

After Lamb though what quality starting level / contributing WR are you getting at #80/#81/#91?

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Need > talent is what I'm gathering.

Just depends on how highly you view Murray. I'd personally have AJ Terrell ranked above Murray on my big board. And we've already seen Mayock reach big time for need in last years draft. If Terrell is an above average CB and Murray is a borderline Pro Bowl LB, Terrell is still the better pick and more valuable to our defense.