Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Just saw Vic's mock and almost threw up. Took henderson at 12 and passed on jeudy lamb and ruggs. Then traded 19 for 46 and 77. Lmaoo. What kind of ******* atrocious value is that?

This guy cannot evaluate football for his life. I'm sorry.

I always think that when I read his stuff

• Like 1

quick mock 1-11

1. Bengals- Burrow - lock

2. Washington- Chase Young DE- from Maryland, once to be a Redskin

3. Shocker trade - Chargers trade up, before the Dolphins and select Draft Riser Justin Herbert- heard he is rising, Tua injury concerns are legit. Chargers get their franchise QB

4. Giants- Mekhi Becton T- get help for D Jones and Barkley

5. Dolphins- Tua, Miami takes a gamble to get their franchise QB

6. Lions- Derrick Brown- Lions go for a guy who impact the trenches. I don't see them getting another corner after realizing Slay was an all pro but their defense still sucked. Lions never really replaced Suh and Brown has a huge ceiling

7. Panthers- Jeffrey Okudah- they need a CB

8. Cardinals - Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa - protection for Kyler Murray

9.  Jaguars- Isaiah Simmons LB- Jags replace Telvin Smith who was huge when their defense was good. Sleeper CJ Henderson as Jalen Ramsey replacement 

10. Browns- Andrew Thomas OT- teams offense line was horrible last year

11. Jets- Jerry Jeudy WR- Jets looking for WR1, Jeudy projects as a WR1 in the NFL. 

12.  Raiders- Ceedee Lamb WR land a WR1

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

@MrOaktown_56 Can we make No Pick Tipping a rule? Basically you find out the pick on Twitter before TV and spoil the pick. We had this rule in here last year actually and SB88 did a pretty good job enforcing it. I think Frankie broke it a couple times and then got defensive, but it was a pretty smooth operation. 

A lot of subs do this including the Packer Subforum. 

You might wanna edit it into the first post. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I hate when they do that in the NBA draft. If people start doing that tomorrow, going stay off my MacBook

Agreed. So annoying. First time someone does that I’m off. 

Although I plan to try to stay off of here until after the draft. Being on the phone constantly kinda ruins the experience. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. So annoying. First time someone does that I’m off. 

Although I plan to try to stay off of here until after the draft. Being on the phone constantly kinda ruins the experience. 

Usually I'm not on the computer during the NFL draft, but might be tomorrow. I have no plans, probably be watching it alone.

Edited by Humble_Beast

Henderson / Randall / Abram/ Mullens be a nice secondary. If Henderson tackled better he would be more highly regarded, but he has flashed being physical. He has good size, not like he is some twig. Max and Ferrell on the edges, and more talent at LB with Littleton and Kwiak. Defense be looking nice, then come back and get a WR at 19. 

WR's rating by NFL Draft & Combine Profile is....6.7-6.8 (year 1 quality starter) 6.5 (Boom or bust) 6.3-6.4 (will be starter within first two seasons) Anything lower is back up and/or needs developing. That's 13 guys who should start within two years but only the top 3 are NOW types and why we need one of them. If any on this list slipped to the 3rd I'd double dip in a heartbeat. Otherwise wait til 4th for the double dip and make sure we get some depth in the 3rd at other positions.

Lamb 6.81

Jeudy 6.77

Ruggs 6.72

Jefferson 6.46

Aiyuk 6.38

Pittman 6.38

Higgins 6.37

Reagor 6.36

Shenault 6.35

Edwards 6.34

Mims 6.33

Hamler 6.33

Claypool 6.32

Would love to trade down from 19 after getting a top 3 guy and getting another on this list mid 2nd because I think they're all gone by 75, except maybe Edwards due to injury. 

12 Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb all good

19 for two 2nds go CB with first 2nd and WR second 2nd.

80/81/91 LB, RB, OL, DL, DB (S or CB double dip) so many options. All that said I'd give up a 3rd for DE Young (duh) LB Simmons or Okudah and wait for Brown @ 12. If couldn't trade 19 after going defense earlier take best WR.

So EXCITED as we all are. :D

Edited by G
  • Like 1