Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

Just now, NYRaider said:

After Lamb though what quality starting level / contributing WR are you getting at #80/#81/#91?

That's on Mayock to find value late, that's his job and this class is deep.  I'm not a name guy as I don't have the time to invest in thoroughly evaluating talent unlike other people on here who think they're scouts after watching a few highlight videos...  Yeah you know who you are LOL 

There is always Wr value later on.  This class is allegedly deep, one of the deeper classes in recent history according to "experts".  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

There is always Wr value later on.  This class is allegedly deep, one of the deeper classes in recent history according to "experts".  

There are like 10 really good WR prospects in the class all of which will be gone by the time the third round rolls around. After that it's just typical mid round level WR prospects. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Just depends on how highly you view Murray. I'd personally have AJ Terrell ranked above Murray on my big board. And we've already seen Mayock reach big time for need in last years draft. If Terrell is an above average CB and Murray is a borderline Pro Bowl LB, Terrell is still the better pick and more valuable to our defense. 

Fair enough and I'd tend to agree. I just like Murray.

Curious to see Charlie Campbell’s and Todd McShay’s Mock Draft tomorrow, and then of course, the actual draft. Hate on McShay if you want, but he’s right there with Campbell as one of the most accurate media mock drafters for the past several years. Think he had a off year last year though. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

There are like 10 really good WR prospects in the class all of which will be gone by the time the third round rolls around. After that it's just typical mid round level WR prospects. 

How do you know this?  Give me a break. 

The draft network has 15 WR prospects in their top 100 and you're telling me it's impossible to find a pro bowl WR outside of your top 10?

That has to be the funniest thing I have read on here in awhile.  The difference between your 10th WR prospect and 11th WR is that far apart?  What are you some kind of super scout with a crystal ball?

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How do you know this?  Give me a break. 

The draft network has 15 WR prospects in their top 100 and you're telling me it's impossible to find a pro bowl WR outside of your top 10?

That has to be the funniest thing I have read on here in awhile.  The difference between your 10th WR prospect and 11th WR is that far apart?  What are you some kind of super scout with a crystal ball?

I just hope whatever WR(s) we draft fit well with Mariota, our future starting quarterback. I'm sure Mayock will make the right choices to compliment his game. 

35 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hahah exactly the response I expected.  Nothing more to say LOL

Based on what I've read and seen I'd say there is a pretty significant drop off after the top 10, maybe 11 WR's in the class. 

Tier 1 

• Jerry Jeudy 

• CeeDee Lamb

• Henry Ruggs

Tier 2 

• Justin Jefferson

• Denzel Mims

• Jalen Reagor

• Tee Higgins

• Brandon Aiyuk

• Laviska Shenault 

Tier 3 

• Michael Pittman Jr

• KJ Hamler 

I'd say there's a pretty significant drop off after Hamler down to guys like Bryan Edwards, Van Jefferson, etc. 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what I've read and seen I'd say there is a pretty significant drop off after the top 10, maybe 11 WR's in the class. 

Tier 1 

• Jerry Jeudy 

• CeeDee Lamb

• Henry Ruggs

Tier 2 

• Justin Jefferson

• Denzel Mims

• Jalen Reagor

• Tee Higgins

• Brandon Aiyuk

Tier 3 

• Michael Pittman Jr

• KJ Hamler 

I'd say there's a pretty significant drop off after Hamler down to guys like Bryan Edwards, Van Jefferson, etc. 

The draft network has DPJ, Jefferson and Edwards ranked ahead of Pittman. 

Explain to me how you know more than the draft network's scouts and how you can make a definitive statement like that?  That is insane unless you're some kind of super socout with a crystal ball.  I'm puzzled how you can make a statement like that.

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Ugh the stress is killing me. If we make some weird pick at 12 I'm gonna lose it, even if I'm wrong in a year.

Bro im with you! it doesn’t matter if we’re wrong in the long term, I want the GD Players i want! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Bro im with you! it doesn’t matter if we’re wrong in the long term, I want the GD Players i want! 

It appears that we will go Wr at 12.  There is a chance it's a CB and a smaller chance it's a DL.  We have so much draft capital i feel like we will make a move at some point and not stay with our current picks.  I would not be shocked at a trade up or back in the 1st or a package deal of 2 of our 3rd to move up to the 50's for a player we want.  I can't wait for tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The draft network has DPJ, Jefferson and Edwards ranked ahead of Pittman. 

Explain to me how you know more than the draft network's scouts and how you can make a definitive statement like that?  That is insane unless you're some kind of super socout with a crystal ball.  I'm puzzled how you can make a statement like that.

The draft network is like a glorified football's future. Just a bunch of kids with journalism degrees that have never played football in their life. 

Daniel Jeremiah has Pittman at #48, Dane Brugler has him at #50, and PFF has him at #22. There have also been reports that teams are a lot higher on him than the media.